Sunday 11 February 2018

THE ESSENCE OF PATIENCE


THE ESSENCE OF PATIENCE

Oh! Immense is the essence of serene Patience,
And immeasurable is Its valuable consequence!
To be ever tolerant, like Mother Nature, It so sweetly trains,
As fire burns and kills rusts, so does It purify insolence-stains!

Oh! In the undesirable absence of the Pearly Patience,
Pour soon cats and dogs uncalled for problems as torrential rains!
It instantly steals away man’s costliest Common Sense,
And unreasonably invites the chaos of darkness of a forest dense!

O God! May I be generously blessed by You with only one Favour!
Let me, my treasured Patience, under any circumstances, lose never,
Let me shallow all the pungent pills of misfortune with due Patience,
Let me ever, like You, bear the Fruits of Smile, despite feeding on Pains!

O God! Let my Smiles add a deep sense to the rarely practised Patience,
Let my Smiles reduce my inaudible and unbearable agony intense,
Let my Smiles weaken the unshakable grip of my adversity’s Chains,
Let my Smiles co-operate with me to jump over the miry, mundane Fence!

©Shankar D Mishra, 29.03.2018

No comments:

Post a Comment