Tuesday 13 February 2018

RAIN CLOUDS IN MY LIFE

RAIN CLOUDS IN MY LIFE

Oh! Many rain clouds do come and go,
Over the hard and barren fields of my life!
A few accompanied with thunder hover over me to rain,
But, alas! Most even before beginning to drizzle, do forgo!

Some do promise of copious happy and success rains,
Some do assure of abundant progress and profit grains,
Some even show the dreams of imminent trips to the Heaven,
But, alas! All leave me alone at and before the hour of eleven!

Often, as I waggle my parched tongue to charge them with betrayal,
But, stay I stunned and tight lipped by their diplomatic excuses’ portrayal!
Some blame to ‘no evaporation’, some to ‘ill-health’, or to ‘an unwilling sleeping’,
Some pitying with my ‘bad-luck’, teach me the greatness of waiting and gaping!

But, the clouds of Divinity, unlike the rest, do ever, fulfill my wants of water!
So, who else does rain or not, on the sterile fields of my life, does never matter!

Glossary:
Hover - float
Forgo - give up/ go without
Copious – plentiful/ much
The hour of eleven – eleventh hour/last moment
Waggle - move from side to side
Gaping – staring with wide open mouth, as in wonder or surprise

©Shankar D Mishra, 132.02.2018
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 247 poems till date.
E-mails:               
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment