Sunday 18 February 2018

A HAPLESS DAUGHTER’S LETTER FROM HER MOTHER’S WOMB

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL GIRL CHILD DAY!

A HAPLESS DAUGHTER’S LETTER FROM HER MOTHER’S WOMB

O my dear Papa and Mom,
Now I am helpless and dumb,
Unable to yell, yelp, utter, shout or speak,
So,I’m penning this letter in an invisible ink!

O my prized Papa, I am the outcome of your biological joy,
I am not at all a trifling ‘Use and Throw’ toy!
I am your own pure blood,
Yes, you are my living Lord!
In me runs always your filial love flood,
Isn’t its tickling whispering to you heard?

O my respected Papa, from the womb to the tomb,
You are my ultimate Fate and doom!
You are my sweet laughter,
You are my sour tear,
You are my pain killer,
You are my wound healer,
You are my sorrow feeler,
And you are my great begetter!

O my adorable Papa, we are never ever separable,
By all your means despicable and deplorable!
We are one and the very same,
Despite a different shape and a varied name!

O my revered Papa, we are part and parcel,
Like a train and the rail,
Like sweetness and sugar,
Like oxygen, hydrogen and water,
Like days, nights and Time,
Like words, a poet and a rhyme,
Like sunlight and heat,
Like a hard earned win and delight,
Like milk and vitamin,
Like shade and leaves green,
Like coconut and oil,
Like mineral and soil,
Like Virtue and heaven,
Like the sea and rain!

O my beloved Papa, had my Mom been in my Fate,
Could you have got your present form at any rate?
Had your priceless Mom and her valued Mom,
Been cursed with my hapless and ghastly state,
Where could your precious life have found from,
How could have you seen the current momentous date?

Hence, O my reverent Papa, do kindly on me relent,
Don’t let me be mercilessly ground with many a dent,
Don’t suppress your Inner Voice to later repent,
Don’t crush your Conscience being so insolent,
Don’t be more venomous than a savage serpent,
Be judicious in obeying Nature’s Law as a noble Saint:
To acquit yourself of foeticide,
To restore a rare filial love,
To give justice to a girl child,
Around whom the human life does revolve!

O my loving Papa, who is to be blamed for my malady?
The sane scientist for his immortal fatal discovery,
The shrewd lewd doctor for his/her inordinate greed,
The ill-fated foetus – your so called invaluable breed,
Or, you yourself – a stain on your very name,
Or, you yourself – a synonym for a stigmatic shame,
Or, you yourself – a self devastating and disrupting flame?
Good bye, dear Papa, please, do write to me- the real culprit’s name.

©Shankar D Mishra   18 .02.2017
Whatsapp number: 8270604524
Tq all.
Please share and forward this poem to yr friends. 

16 comments:

  1. Papa and mama are two entities to decide together! And, now a days mamas could take overriding decisions! Hence your letter be addressed to both !
    Be you immortal as you descend to Earth!!! Love to you, O unborn foetus !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Lovely words for the most loving and caring man "PAPA". No one can care like him, no one can protect like him. Appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with P.Mallick. Still it is intellectual thought.welcome. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with P.Mallick. Still it is intellectual thought.welcome. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A VERY POIGNANT AND PRACTICAL POEM, INDEED.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More and more poems should be written on social issues....Great thinking sir...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank u sir, it is your great presentation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying very well. Nice poem. Here is the poet who is acting on behalf of the girl -baby- foetus is very capable to present the defendence for a successful action. Appreciated so much for the apt inkingvof this poem in the present condition of our mindset towards a girl child- in- expectation. Beautiful poem. May you have HIS blessings to produce more colourful poems like this in future too which will definitely open the eyes of our SOCIETY.👍👌👏👏🙌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ dear Sir for yr feedback. My humble gratitude to u.

      Delete