Wednesday 7 February 2018

LET ME NEVER BID MY BELOVED A ‘GOODBYE’!

LET ME NEVER BID MY BELOVED A ‘GOODBYE’!

How can I, an enraptured Rose, disallow and deny,
If my dearest Beloved, like a piercing and penetrating Thorn,
Wishes to love me constantly, and below me eternally lie,
To provide me, from all external invasions, a perfect protection?

How can I, an ardent devotee of Love, coldly turn it down,
If  my darling Beloved enjoys me with her excruciating smooching,
Until my crimson bloods, like a lively fountain, trickle down,
For, except mine sweetest, she can’t be pleased by any other being?

How can I reject my matchless Beloved with a groan or whine,
For, She claims to be for me the costliest German Rhenish wine,
For, She vociferously asserts that She will remain forever only mine,
For, an iota of her warm love retains even no other Shakespearean Heroine?

Thus, let my Beloved’s Love be fresh and alive until spreads the vast Sky,
Let my Beloved’s Love prevail till the light and heat of the Sun do not die,
Let my Beloved’s Love be an unprecedented Emblem of True Nuptial Tie,
Let me never in life bid my Beloved a painful and unthinkable ‘Goodbye’!


Glossary:
Ardent - passionate
Rhenish – pertaining to wine produced in the Rhine region 
Vociferously – loudly
An iota of – a bit of
Unprecedented - extraordinary
Emblem - symbol
Nuptial -  marriage/conjugal

©Shankar D Mishra, 07.02.2018
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 242 poems till date.
E-mails:               
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment