Friday 9 February 2018

O GOD! LET ME SIP MY CUP OF SORROWS ALONE!

O GOD! LET ME SIP MY CUP OF SORROWS ALONE!

O God! Let me sip silently my daily cup of sorrows all alone,
Let me be, as usual, forsaken like a ship-wrecked forlorn,
Let the world throw me out, as left over food, and abandon,
Let me be, like a dry leaf, by the gales of misfortune blown!

O God! Let me never share my daily cup of sorrows with anyone,
Let me never offer anyone what is too inedible to eat and swallow,
Let me play my Tragedy with Time’s symphony as does a swan,
Let the buffets of Miseries make me like a fruit ripe and mellow!

O God! Let me, like a lotus, grow out of the slippery swamp of adversity,
Let me never aim at any external succour to attain from my pain, liberty,
Let me learn to stand,walk and run in the Marathon of life all alone,
Yes, Let me be resolved and resolute to burn alone like a miniature Sun!

O God! Let me grow alone to overcome the hostilities with your care,
Let me not, even an ounce of my sour sorrow, with anyone else share;
For, who can ever, without Your Favour, jump over the sorrow snare,
For, without Your Grace, to be blessed with Salvation, who can dare?

Glossary:
Forsaken – isolated
Forlorn – a hopeless, dejected man
Abandon - throw away
Gales - strong wind
Succour - help
Symphony - piece of music
Buffets –attacks

©Shankar D Mishra, 09.02.2018
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 243 poems till date.
E-mails:               
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment