Saturday 10 February 2018

YES, I AM A BORN SLAVE TO CIRCUMSTANCES.


YES, I AM A BORN SLAVE TO CIRCUMSTANCES.

Yes, I am a born slave to inescapable Circumstances,
To slacken their firm grips? There arise no chances!
They play in my life as do a vehicle' s engine, wheels and steering,
I have only to carry out as and when  their warning bells do ring!

Yes, my Universal slavery has numerous nuances,
Every second, It kaleidoscopically and amazingly changes!
Under Its unavoidable directions, the whole world dances,
All human activities It controls, and outcomes on It hinges!

Let my Circumstances not be substituted by me with lame excuses,
Let them never be misused by me for my intrinsic, mean uses,
Let me only be an ever meek, humble and obedient follower,
Let me only submissively and courteously tender my labour,
Let me never shirk my duty, nor from accomplishing waver,
Lest I should be, in the long run, divested of Salvation’s Flavour!


©Shankar D Mishra, 23.04.2018

2 comments:

  1. Every one is free to go one's way!
    Without comparing with another is good enough one has to live one's life, no regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Respected Shankar D Mishraji,Your poem titled'Yes,I am Born Slave To Circumstances'undoubtedly a poem of magnificent nature and of great literary merit and ethical values.In the poem of course you keenly described how human beings are the toy of destiny.Your straightforward expression surrendering to destiny apparently shows how spiritually elevated your soul.God,the mighty creator created this infinite universe and human beings like other living creatures are one of them.In comparison to the world we are nothing.The whole world moves at his will.Our mundane life is ephemeral in truest sense.So,We need to be obliged with unbound gratitude to the supreme providence of the world,the God.Our loyalty and dedicated can elevate our soul enriching to sublimity.Thank you Mishraji for for the creation of an unique poem immense literary and spiritual value and significance.

    ReplyDelete