Sunday 11 October 2020

Page 101 to 150, SDM'S KEY TO B. N. ACHARYA'S STRUCTURAL APPROACH TO TRANSLATION, BOOK -2

 BOOK by B.N ACHARYA Page 101 to 150




Page 101


1. You might have gone home.
2. He might have returned to village before evening.
3. Teacher might have helped you.
4. You might have passed in the examination.
5. Students might not have reached Cuttack before evening.
6. The old man might have died without your help.
7. But for the Himalayas, India might have been a dry desert.

Page 102


1. They must work.
2. The servant must sweep the house.
3. Children must work in the garden.
4. The Sun must rise at 6 O' clock today.
5. You must obey the orders of the teacher.
6. You must study everyday for your own benefit.
7. We must work hard for the welfare of the nation.
8. I must complete work today.

Page 103


1. Langula Narasingha Dev has built the Temple of Konark.
2. He should not have built such a big temple on the sea shore.
3. He could have done something else for the people.
4. But, kings were fond of temples at that time.
5. They were building temples and digging wells.
6. I would have gone to Konark last Sunday.
7. My parents would have gone with me.
8. We would have viewed the temple well.
9. We may go there on Saturday next.

Page 104


1. My father was not at home yesterday.
2. I would play with you for the whole day.
3. But, you did not come.
4. I would go to your house this morning.
5. But, I had no cycle.
6. My brother would come from Cuttack yesterday.
7. But, he too could not come.
8. So, you should have come to our house.
9. You could have come this morning.
10. You might have played till evening.

Page 107


1. A laborious man becomes healthy.
2. A patient becomes sad.
3. The summer time becomes longer in England.
4. The roads become muddy during the rainy season.
5. The sky does not become clear during the rains.
6. The idle people do not become happy.
7. An industrious person does not become poor.
8. Does your work become satisfactory?
9. Does your food become tasty?
10. Does the summer become pleasant in Darjeeling?

Page 109


1. These trees have become tall.
2. The river has become dry.
3. The vegetables have become cheap.
4. The curry has become cold.
5. His head has become bald.
6. The essay has become lengthy.
7. Has rice become dear?
8. Has your food become tasteless?
9. Has the child become too unruly/wicked?
10. The pedestrians have not become tired.
11. The table has not become heighted.
12. We have not become inactive.

Page 111


1. The children became tired.
2. We became fearless.
3. The old man became weak and feeble.
4. The patient gradually became healthy and strong.
5. The trees became dry and leafless.
6. The students became active.
7. The pedestrians became hungry and thirsty.
8. Did your food become sufficient?
9. Did the king become angry?
10. I did not become satisfied.
11. The vegetables did not become cheap in the market.
12. The work did not become difficult for me.

Page 112


1. They will become healthy and strong after some days.
2. You will become unhappy after some days.
3. The river will become dry and sandy after a few years.
4. India will become rich and prosperous one day or other.
5. They will become lazy and luxurious in future.
6. This country will not become powerful in near future.
7. When will you become industrious and truthful?
8. When shall we become simple and humble?

Page 114


1. He does not want to lend money.
2. I have decided to become a teacher.
3. Teacher will come to teach me.
4. You want to take, but do not like to give.
5. Father has advised me not to be unkind towards anybody.
6. Many people like to do harm to others.
7. Now a days, people want to become rich, but they do not like to labour.

Page 115


1. To take a loan is easy, but to pay it of is difficult.
2. To take rest is joyful/pleasant.
3. To drink milk is healthful.
4. To sleep during daytime is not a good habit.
5. To eat too much is not harmful to health.
6. To talk less is good.
7. To commit a mistake is easy, but to rectify that is not easy.
8. To take medicine is not tasteful.
9. To use khadi is good for the country.

Page 116


1. I need a house to live in.
2. Every man needs water to drink.
3. Will you give me a chair to sit upon?
4. I need a new saree to put on.
5. Every child wants a doll to play with.
6. Have you any friend to help you?

Page 116/117


1. Now, I have two pieces of beautiful shirts to put on.
2. I want to buy one more piece of new shirts.
3. But, father has advised me to use shawl.
4. Teacher has advised us to use pants and shirts.
5. Now a days, it is good for the students to use pants and shirts.
6. To be simple and noble is a good quality.
7. To be luxurious is harmful on the part of all.
8. The intelligent students try to speak soft and sweet words.
9. The fools like to gossip too much.
10. Serving the poor is like serving God.

Page 120


1. There are two cats in this house.
2. There is a well in the school compound.
3. There are forty students in our class.
4. There were many people in the meeting.
5. There was not any book on the table.
6. There will be no rain tomorrow.
7. There will be no flood in the river.
8. There was no pen in my pocket.
9. There was a ring in the old man's hand.
Or, The old man had a ring in his hand.

Page 121


10. There was no milk in the pot.
11. There are three classes in our school.
12. There are forty students in each class.
Or, Each class has forty students.
13. So, there one hundred and twenty students in all in our school.
14. There were twenty students in our class last year.
15. There will be a meeting in the school field on Monday next/ next Monday.
16. There will be a big feast at the end of the meeting.

Page 122


1. Once there were four brothers studying in school.
2. Once there arose a quarrel among them.
3. There were two chocolates with the younger brother.
Or, The younger brother had two chocolates with him.
4. There was a chocolate with the elder brother.
Or, The elder brother had a chocolate with him.
5. There was no chocolate at all with other two brothers.
Or, The other two brothers had not at all any chocolate with them.
6. So, a quarrel arose among them.
Or, Therefore, there arose a quarrel among them.
7. At this time a gentle man came to that place.
Or, At this time there came a gentle man to that place.
8. He said, there will not be any gain in your quarrel.
9. There should be an understanding among you.

Page 123 (A)


1. There lived a tiger in a jungle.
Or, There was a tiger living in a jungle.
2. In course of time it became old.
3. It could no more go to the jungle to hunt/prey.
Or, It could not go to the jungle any more to hunt/prey.
4. At last, it thought of a plan.
5. There was a pond in the jungle.
6. The tiger went to the pond and sat there silently.
7. After a while a pedestrian came there.
8. The tiger showed him a gold wristlet, and it requested him to receive that wristlet.
9. But, the pedestrian did not receive that gift from the tiger.


Page 123 (B)



1. There was a gardener in our school.
2. His name was Viswanath.
3. Once there came some monkeys to our garden.
4. Viswanath wanted to kill them.
5. At that time, there were two strong dogs in our hostel.
5. Viswanath called them to fight with the monkeys.
6. The two dogs came, and there was a fight among the dogs and the monkeys.
7. At last, Viswanath brought out his bow and arrows, and he drove away the monkeys.

Page 126

1. Come here.
2. Walk with me.
3. Stay at home in the evening.
4. Study properly in school.
5. Don't sleep during daytime.
6. Don't play in the morning.
7. Please help the child.
8. Please don't scold/chide me.
9. Don't gossip in the evening.
10. Don't play while studying/ during study hours.
11. Don't work while playing.

B.

1. I went/had gone to the teacher.
2. He told, "Sit."
3. I sat.
4. Then he asked me, "Give your book."
5. I gave him the book/gave the book to him.
6. He advised me, "Work out this sum, don't go anywhere else."
7. I obeyed his advice and worked out the sum.
8. After some time he went through the copy and said, "Don't work out the sums in a hurry."
9. Study attentively.
10. Don't gossip while studying.

Page 127


1. Let them read/study.
2. Let the girl sing.
3. Let us go.
4. Let the students speak.
5. Let the baby play.
6. Let him know this matter.
7. Let the teacher not know this.
8. Let me speak.
9. Let the girl not go to school.
10. Let him not play today.

Paage 128


1. Let the teacher come.
2. Let him listen to our quarrel here.
3. Let us not fight before that.
4. Let me wait here.
5. Let other children too stay here.
6. But, let no stranger stay here.
7. Let no one know about our quarrel.
8. The teacher will come after a while.
9. We shall speak the truth before him.
10. Let him settle our dispute/quarrel.
11. Let our quarrel end here.

Exercise XI, A

1. I went to the Headmaster this morning.
2. He told me, " Meet me in the office."
3. But, let no one come with you.
4. So, now I am going to his office once again.

Page 129



5. I shall tell him, " Kindly grant me a freeship."
6. Let him know my wants and problems.
7. Then he will try to help me.
8. Let the Headmaster come to the office today.
9. Let the office work start.
10. I will meet him at 10 O clock today.

Exercise, B

1. Once I said to my friends, "Let's not go to school today."
2. Let's all play football.
3. Let's spend this morning playing.
4. My father could listen to our conversation today.
5. He told us, "You should not play at this time."
6. Ho home at once.
7. Let there be no play during study hours.
8. To play always is not good for health.
Or, It is not good for health to play always.
9. Morning is the time to work, let there be work at this time.
10. You may either play or rest after the work.
11. We could understand his advice and immediately went to school.

Page 134


1. Having seen the tiger, the jackal went away.
2. Having listened to my song, the snake came to me.
3. Have seen the rains, the peacock danced.
4. Having seen you, the children laughed.
5. Having found/got a book, the child read.
6. Having seen the thief, the choukidar beat him.
7. Having reached Cuttack, he will watch circus.
8. Having seen the teacher, the children went to the class.
9. Having received my letter, you will write a letter to me.

Page 135


1. Narendra was very poor in his childhood.
2. At that time, having found no food to eat, he was crying.
3. Having seen this, his teacher and friends were giving him help.
4. But, having received nothing for himself, he was distributing all those to the other poor students.
5. Having heard this, one day Ramakrishna Paramhansa called him.
6. Having gone to him, Narendra was talking to him.
7. At that time he did not believe in God.
8. Having kept him with him, Ramakrishna advised him a lot.

Page 136


1. Being driven away from the village, he went to Kolkata.
2. Being defeated by the enemies, the king entered the jungle.
3. Being killed by you, I shall go to heaven.
4. Being charmed by your song, he has given you an award.
5. Being absent from the class, he failed/got plucked.
6. Once being thirsty, a crow was searching for water.


Page 137



1. There was a deer in a certain jungle.
2. Once being thirsty, it went to the river to drink water.
3. Having seen it, a tiger came there.
4. Having known this, the deer went away.
5. Being unable to kill the deer, the tiger became unhappy/sad.
6. It said, "Having not gone to the jungle tomorrow, I shall sit here the whole day."
7. Having killed the deer tomorrow, I shall eat that.

Page 137/138



1. There was a king named Dasharath in the country of Ayodhya.
2. Once having gone to the jungle, he reached the bank of a river.
3. At that time having come to the river, a boy was drinking water.
4. Having heard that sound, Dasharath shot an arrow.
5. Being hurt with the arrow, the boy fell down.
6. Having gone there immediately, Dasharath lifted the boy.
7. Having seen him, the boy said, "I am the son of a blind Muni.
8. Having killed me, you have also killed my blind parents.
9. Now, take care of them having gone to them."
10. Having heard this, Dasharath became very sorry, and having taken the boy with him, he went to his parents.

age 138


1. There lived a frog named Gangadatt in a well.
2. Once being insulted by the other frogs, he went out.
3. Having seen a snake on the way, he said, "Friend, come with me.
4. Having lived there, you will eat my enemies."
5. Having received the invitation of the frog, the snake entered the well.
6. Having lived there happily, he ate away the other frogs.
7. At last, having found nothing to eat, it ate the eldest son.
8. Having seen this, Gangadatt said regretfully, "One should not live together with a snake."

Page 142

1. While hunting in the forest, he saw an amazing creature.
2. While thinking of you, I found your letter.
3. While playing with the dog, he fell down.
4. While writing, he broke my pen.
5. While working in the field, the farmer was singing.
6. While wandering in the garden, the poet Wordsworth saw Daffodils.

Page 143


1. As/Since I had no pen, I did not write.
2. As/Since you did not come, I could not do the work.
3. As/Since I have helped you, you will help me.
4. As/Since you have no books, you will not come to school from tomorrow.
5. As/Since the teacher did not come to the class, we did not study.
6. As/Since the river dried up, the crocodile died.
7. As/Since the farmer worked hard, he fell ill.

Page 144

1. When I sleep, you will take your book.
2. When the students meet the teacher, they will respect him.
3. When I was serving here, you were a child.
4. When the embankment breaks, people will suffer.
5. When night comes, stars will appear.
6. When the Sun rises, darkness will disappear.
6. When you grow old, you can understand my advice.

Page 145


1. If I teach you, you must pass.
2. If you kill the tiger, the king will give you a reward.
3. If you give me two rupees, I shall give you a pen.
4. If the soldiers do not fight, we shall be defeated.
5. If he were rich, he would buy a motor vehicle.
6. If you were a good person, all would love you.
7. If I were blind, I could not see anything.

Page 147

1. He is either a farmer or a labourer.
2. I shall become either a farmer or a doctor.
3. It will either rain or blow wind in the evening today.
4. Either I will kill the tiger,or it will kill me.
5. The work will be over either today or tomorrow.
6. Either he or his friends have done this.
7. Either Gopal or his father was here yesterday.
8. This flower is neither beautiful/pretty nor big.
9. In this age you should not be either a creditor or a debtor.
Or, In this age, you should be neither a creditor nor a debtor.
10. Neither Gopal nor his friends were there.
11. Neither the king nor his ministers had known me.

Page 149

1. Although you are strong, you are so timid.
2. Though he speaks well, he speaks much.
3. Notwithstanding that I advised him, he did not listen to it.
4. Although he reads a little, he remember much.
5. Though you know this, you cannot express it.
6. Despite having knowledge, he cannot do anything.
7. In spite of being rich, you are miserly.
8. He had paper and pen, still he wrote nothing.

Page 150

1. Play here till I return.
2. Study yourself till the teacher comes.
3. We shall play in the field till the bell rings.
4. Till the rain came, he was in our house.
5. Don't run until I order.
6. Mother doesn't eat anything until we eat.
7. I shall study until there is evening.
8. Unless you take milk, you will become weak.
9. I cannot live unless the doctor gives medicine.


Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.

N. B. To read the rest of the translations written by B. N. Acharya, search on Google "SDM'S KEY TO STRUCTURAL APPROACH TO TRANSLATION, BOOK -1 or 2 or 3", and topic wise Grammar rules by Dr. Shankar D Mishra 

Please share the links to your friends and relatives to help them know all the answers of the translations at home. You can give your valuable suggestions and corrections for the inadvertently committed errors to me through my WhatsApp number 8270604524. Thank you. 🙏🌹❤️❤️





2 comments:

  1. Nice idea. One can start learning oriya through these lessons. I am really interested but, now I am sorry. I am not in a mindset to follow this.
    Thank you for your new pastors. All the best wishes! 👍👏👏💐😍🙏

    ReplyDelete