Monday 19 October 2020

SDM'S Grammar Handnotes: DIRECT AND INDIRECT SPEECH

CHANGE THE NARRATION / REPORTED SPEECH 


Page 1 

Page 2



Page 3





Page 4



Page 5 (Examples)
Q. 1. Mother said, "I am cooking now."
Ans. Mother said that she was cooking then.
Q. 2. Teacher said to the students, " I shall teach you tomorrow."
Ans. Teacher told the students that he would/ should teach them the day after/ the next day.
3. Doctor to the patient, "You can take sugar with food."
Ans.Doctor said to the patient that he could take sugar with food.
4. I said to my friend, "I have done today's homework.
Ans  I told my friend I had done that day's homework.
Q. 5. Teacher said to the students, "Stop talking in my class."
Ans. Teacher asked the students to stop talking in his/her class..
Q.6. The police man said to the thief, " Don't lie before me, because I meet many like you daily."
Ans.The police man asked the thief not to lie before him, because he meets many like him daily.
Q.7. Anshuman said to the teacher, "Is this the last question❓"
Ans. Anshuman asked the teacher if that was the last question.




Page 6



Page 7
10. A stranger said to the traffic police, "Do you know this address?"


Page 8



Page 1



Page 2



Page 3



Page 4



Page 5






N.B. U may contact me for online grammar classes for CBSE/ICSE and any other State Board syllabus. Here is my Jio number:
8249297412

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 19.10.20




2 comments: