Tuesday 2 March 2021

OH! WHAT A SMILE!



OH! WHAT A SMILE!

O my Darling! What a sweetiful smile,

That captivates my gaping eyes to marvel with awe, and revel for a while!

It seems surpassing the sweetest sticks of sugarcanes with its irresistible taste,

It transcends even the serene fluorescence of the Full Moon shining at Her best!


O my Darling! What a scintillating smile,

That relieves me of the sores more than the Egyptians' pangs are waned by the Nile!

It drives my dismal darkness away like lightning with its halo of luminous sublimity,

For, it showers upon me the deepest seas of serenity; and fetches me a floral felicity!


O my Darling! What a celestial smile,

That promptly removes my painful poverty with its selfless generosity!

It dictates my dolorous droughts to take to heels; and pours on me pails of pleasure,

Thus, bows my heart with humility, for being gifted with the world's richest treasure,

 So that I can adorn myself with love, warmth and gratitude forever,

And relish the heavenly nectar that drops when the Sea hugs avidly a jolly river!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 07.03.21

No comments:

Post a Comment