Friday 25 November 2022

THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, MY ESHA.


THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, MY ESHA.

 

You are as far from the cheap Materialism as the apogee is from the perigee, Esha

You are farther from envy, malice, hatred, narrowness, infidelity and temptation

Than, from the Uranus, as is the heart of the solar system, the invaluable Sun

So, you are more often visited a shrine to me than, to the world, is the sculpture of Mona Lisa!

 

Esha, you ever smell the alluring aroma of the sweetest flowers in me

In my precious presence you feel to have sportively scaled the loftiest acme

My rasping vocal cord is deemed by you more melodious than the dulcet cuckoo’s

You can’t bear with a little ignominy of mine, so I promptly preferred you to sugarcane juice!

 

Esha, you ever breathe me in and breathe yourself out without doubt

Your fortitude and steady support ever help me win many a formidable bout

To you Kamdev never seems more handsome than I am

If ever I shed an atom of tear under the pinch of circumstances, you exhaust your eyes’ dam!

 

Esha, behind your own shadows you ever notice the inseparable mine,

For my gentle touches you can push heavens to lag behind; who else can hug death, for I may shine?

Who else can be a ladder for my success and an Aladdin’s Lamp that I can fulfill all my dreams?

This is why, I hugely owe you and silently love you so much, O one of Nature’s wish granting Streams!


 N. B. Esha is an imaginary name.

Photo courtesy: Facebook

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 25.11.2022

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful chapter of humility in a dignified and sophisticated way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your valuable feedback. 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poetry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvellous composition...Spell bound at your poetic genre sir

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, my heart, soul and everything

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and excellently pulling the hearts! Thank you for writing a wonderful love poem of this charm. 👌👏💐🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete