Tuesday 4 July 2017

WHAT AN INSULATOR THOU WERT!

WHAT AN INSULATOR THOU WERT!

Ah! For long, I had been looking forward
For thy pulse to pulsate
Thy nerve to vibrate
Thy heart to throb
Thy verve to verb
Thy lips to quiver
Thy feet to stagger
Thy eyes to twinkle
Thy romance to sprinkle
Thy head to nod
Thy emotions to flood
Thy being to reply
Thy beckon to fly
That my feelings perceived, longing for thy love’s reward!

But, alas! I discovered after a long, lustreless expedition
In thy arid, bleak and sombre self’s region
That thou wert altogether an insulator
To receive any emotional current anymore
Albeit, it passed through thy vicinity sine cessation
Discharged out of my amorous, frenzied heart’s sordid substation!


N.B: Once I heard from my beloved that, after her marriage with me, she was disclosed by one of her High school class mates that she was being loved one-sidedly by him. He had a longing for marrying her, but he could not muster courage to propose to her and was unsuccessful in letting her know about his indications. So, I wrote this poem more than a decade ago, on behalf of that unsuccessful Romantic lover


©Shankar D Mishra 04.07.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
Please save my WhatsApp no. 08270604524

Please share this poem among your friends via Whatsapp/Messenger etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment