Monday 17 July 2017

A SILENT AND UNSUCCESSFUL LOVER'S SONG

 A SILENT AND UNSUCCESSFUL LOVER'S SONG

 I can dig for you a fathomless ocean of pity
To live in a dry, desolate desert, I can leave a Metro city
I can sign against my worst and sworn rival a peace treaty
I can plant an ever green Kalpavriksha of generosity!

I  can stretch myself, with least reluctance and regret,
As broad and bounteous as the limitless space;
For your sake only, o  my only pearly, priceless Love
I can walk faster even than the wind’s wondrous pace!

I can spell sweeter than the lip smacking sweets
O my dearest and rarest darling, only for you
The finest and most enviable apparel of true love
I can, with the tread of loyalty, embroider and sew!

I can build an Everest-like lofty love-Mehal
For you only to serenely and peacefully reside.
Yes, making you my sweet and saccharine bride
Is a matter of great, grand and gorgeous pride!

I can versify you into an immortal, rhythmic rhyme
That can be hummed and crooned by true, silent lovers
In their throbbing, pulsating and vociferous pantomime
To impress upon their beloveds to rain in their dry clime!

I can be a better and more power generating dynamo
Only for your tireless celestial love;
Ah! When you are blissfully beside me
The Moon is mine, ah! Mine is the Globe!

Do trust , no mundane sacrifice seems to your silent lover costlier
To treasure your shy nods, and book a room in your heart’s berth.
Do listen, no waiting is too tedious, lengthy and interminable
To be one with you, if not in this life, in any other ensuing birth!


 *Kalpavriksha - a wish granting tree in Hindu belief

N.B: How many others love my beloved does not matter to me;but what matters to me most is how much my beloved loves me. 

©Shankar D Mishra 17.07.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com [There are more than 100 poems available on my blog]
Please save my WhatsApp no. 08270604524

Please share this poem among your friends via Whatsapp/Messenger etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment