Friday 21 July 2017

O GOD! PLEASE TEACH ME THIS


O GOD! PLEASE TEACH ME THIS

O God! Please let me not wish anyone a morning good
While I am cooking for him in my heart-tub poison food,
While I am inflaming with the fire of rage, and a motto crude
While I am really inside jealous, malicious, peevish and rude!

O God! Please let me not pretend to be overjoyed and glad
While shaking hollow hands with a friend or an acquaintance,
While inside I am really sadistic, intolerant, envious and sad
At his praise-worthy progress and commendable performance!

O God! Please let me not feed anyone with the diet of hallucination
Let me not clothe anyone with a gorgeous apparel of deception,
Let me not construct for anyone an illusive castle of reverie
Let me not assure anyone of fetching Salvation by a fake, fatal ferry!

So, O God! You may teach me so that whatever sublime I may  preach,
But, let me first learn to practise, “None to betray, and never to breach!”


©Shankar D Mishra 21.07.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com [There are more than 100 poems available on my blog]
Please save my WhatsApp no. 08270604524
Please share this poem among your friends via Whatsapp/Messenger etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment