Saturday 29 July 2017

O THAT!

O THAT!

O that I had been your whole and sole world
I had been your enviably a gem enticing emerald!
O that I could, in you, a blind and blissful love herald
I had not felt being remorselessly snubbed and snarled!

O that I had been a solitary sovereign in your heart
I had been more shrewd, diplomatic, sly and smart!
O that I could concede to all your wishes being myself hurt
I could enlist myself among the spurious, conniving and lusty lots!

O that I could hire for you sweet but sluttish, seductive smiles
I could suppress tactfully what pinches me and infinitely riles!
O that I could jump over some pungent and unpleasant stiles
I could keep you revelling with my unintelligible, elusive guiles!

O that I could please you succumbing to all your unacceptable wishes
O that I could reign unrivalled in your soft heart’s solacing recess!

* enviably – that excites envy
* enticing - attractive
*emerald - bright green stone
* herald – announce the message of love
* remorselessly - mercilessly
*snubbed – insulted/hurt
*snarled – sneered/growled
* solitary sovereign - lone monarch
* shrewd, diplomatic, sly  - clever, tactful, cunning  
* concede to - grant
* spurious– false
*conniving  - not showing concerns for something annoying
* lusty lots – believers in lust
* sluttish – untidy/disloyal
* seductive – sexually enticing or alluring
* riles – irks/annoys
* pungent – here ,bitter
* unpleasant stiles - disagreeable conditions
* revelling – enjoying
* unintelligible, elusive guiles – hard to understand, vague craftiness
* succumbing – submitting/accepting
*guiles – cunning behaviours
* reign unrivalled - rule unchallenged
* solacing recess – a place that gives peace and solace


©Shankar D Mishra 27.07.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
[There are more than 100 poems available on my blog]
Please save my WhatsApp no. 08270604524
Please share this poem among your friends via Whatsapp/Messenger etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment