Wednesday 19 July 2017

A HUMBLE PRAYER TO THE RAIN

A HUMBLE PRAYER TO THE RAIN

O Rain! O Kind Rain! Please don’t, so relentlessly, go away,
Do lovingly come too close on my thirsty and withered way to shower and sway!
Please rinse sincerely to cleanse my rigid carnal dirts, and do make my day,
Please rub hard to remove my germy grimes, and make me forever blissful and gay!

O Rain! O generous  Rain! Please don’t, so heartlessly, go away,
Do drench me completely to keep my fulsome and fatal filths at bay!
Please do drown the obtrusive devil in me, so as to suffocate It and slay,
As a consequence, I  can, like an elated Peacock, so lightly prance and play!

O Rain! O bountiful Rain! Why do you go away, tell why?
Like a heavy, rotten stump, I do here dormant lie!
Don’t so relentlessly bid me a premature goodbye,
Ah! Without you, my life is a huge and ridiculous “Phi!”

O Rain! O my merciful hope Ray! Please don’t go away,
Please benignly  listen to what I so humbly plead and  pray:
Please rinse and wash my carnal dirts, and do make my day,
Please rub and remove my bestial grimes, and make me gay!


* carnal – bodily, unspiritual
* make my day – make me happy
* bestial grimes - inhuman dirts [Here , inhuman acts are compared to dirts.]
* keep my fatal filths at bay - keep my deadly/serious misdeeds away
* elated - delighted
* relentlessly - heartlessly
* benignly - kindly
* dormant - inactively
* Phi – meaningless

©Shankar D Mishra 19.07.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com [There are more than 100 poems available on my blog]
Please save my WhatsApp no. 08270604524
Please share this poem among your friends via Whatsapp/Messenger etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment