Sunday 3 September 2017

WHO CAN TRY TO ROUSE HIS CONSCIENCE FOR MY DELIVERANCE?

WHO CAN TRY TO ROUSE HIS CONSCIENCE FOR MY DELIVERANCE?

Yes, I am, in the eyes of society, a cheap, unholy coquette
Albeit, for my family and children, a sacred, feeding pocket
For my hungry, wanton, random guests, an exultant bucket
For my lewd, unfeeling touts, an ever dazzling golden locket!

Yes, I am an ever enigmatic open-secret hell in broad day light
A fleeting, ephemeral  and hollow heaven in darkness!
For a  few, a thrilling, elating honey of indescribable delight
Alas! for the rest, a mere unabashed trader of blood and flesh!

Nevertheless, I was not born what I am before you all today
Moulding myself as a mysterious night, I make someone’s day,
Dipping in a main of fathomless sorrow, I make someone gay
O that! Had anyone a remedy for what I am haplessly astray!

But, who  has a tongue, why I countless times, so shamelessly lie
Who is liable, why I myself, on a wretched pan, every moment fry
Who is accountable, when alive, why million times I remorsefully die
Who is to be blamed for my coquetry? Who dare give a suitable reply?

Oh! Who can, for me, a Dress of Feminine Decency and Decorum, buy
Who can wreathe for me a lady’s only desired ‘a Chaste Conjugal Tie’
Who can transform into an etrnal ‘Content Life’ to my fateless, odious sty
Who can, for my long awaited Deliberance, to rouse his Conscience try?


N.B: I thank Cijo Joseph Chennelil Sir for sending me his poem “ A common Prostitute Vs a Religiuos and Capitalistic Hypocrite” for my perusal, which utimately inspired me to write the above poem.

GLOSSARY:

* coquette - prostitute
 * albeit - even though
* wanton – self-indulgent, immoral
* random -  indiscriminate/ accidental
* exultant – happy
* lewd - vulgar
* touts – low fellows who look out for customers for a wrong purpose in an aggressive way
* enigmatic – unknowable
* fleeting - short-lived
* ephemeral -  short-lived  
* elating – exciting
* unabashed - shameless
 * make someone’s day - make someone’s happy
* dipping – falling/ sinking
* fathomless – immeasurable/extreme
* haplessly astray - ill fatedly off track
* wretched – miserable
* coquetry – profession of a prostitute
* odious - hateful
*sty – pig house
* Deliverance – salvation/Moksha

 ©Shankar D Mishra 03.09.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment