Thursday 28 December 2017

YES, WOMEN CAN HEAVE SIGHS OF RELIEF ON EARTH, AMEN!


   YES, WOMEN CAN HEAVE SIGHS OF RELIEF ON EARTH, AMEN!

I do write enlightening volumes on the due Rights of the Women,
I do orate endless and sensitive speeches on their inevitable safety,
I do legislate foolproof Laws for their so long pending liberty,
I do blare before the loudspeakers to wane their atrocity strain!

I do go on frequent strikes for Women’s all round Progress,
I do publish articles for the quick uplift of their deprived Race,
I do I give Interviews to press my deep concerns in the Press
So that I can release them from violence, negligence and regress!

I do pen verses to extol the inimitably noble attributes of Women,
I do recite sweet songs glorifying the sublime qualities of women,
I do sing lyrics composed by many on the rarest roles of Women,
I do swear, vow, promise and take oaths in public to free Women!

I am sure, should I sincerely practise what I so earnestly preach,
Myriad unseen and broken Hearts of Women, I can heal and stitch,
Women can relish the ecstasy of Freedom, and the real Joy of Heaven,
I can make their days, and they can heave sighs of relief on Earth, Amen!

©Shankar D Mishra,  08. 03. 19
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524
Please forward this poem. Tq.

1 comment:

  1. An occasional requirement of the time and present scenario.
    Happy Womens' day celebration.👍👏👏💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐🙏

    ReplyDelete