Saturday 16 December 2017

WHO CAN SUCK THE VENOM OF MY UNTOLD AGONY?

WHO CAN SUCK THE VENOM OF MY UNTOLD AGONY?

O God! Whose Pain-Cases are free enough,
To accommodate my petty Pebbles of Sorrow?
For whom am I trust-worthy enough,
So that an ounce of Reliance I can borrow?

O God! Whose Sponge-Masses of Smiles are dry enough,
To soak and absorb my floods of my bitter, unseen Tears?
Whose Orchards of Charity are wealthy enough,
So that I can be lent a few hunger mitigating, sweet Pears?

O God! Whose Heart- Beds are spacious enough,
To allow me a little room for a moment’s Solace?
Who is, like You, so much kind and close enough,
To ignore my frailties; hug me tight and embrace?

But, O God! Where is the need to expect anything from any?
For, who can, except You, suck the Venom of my untold Agony?


Glossary:
Pain-Cases – boxes or chests to keep pain
Petty – insignificant/ unimportant
Mitigating – reducing
Spacious - large
 Agony – pain

©Shankar D Mishra, 65.12.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 204 poems till date.
E-mails:
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment