Wednesday 20 December 2017

LET ME LIVE ON THE INNOCENCE FOOD OF CHILDHOOD!

LET ME LIVE ON THE INNOCENCE FOOD OF CHILDHOOD!

Alas! I am groping in the forgotten darkness,
To retrieve my lost, golden childhood,
To retain my pearly, pious ignorance,
That seems now to have eloped for good!

Alas! Like a restless and anxious fisherman,
To catch memory fishes, I am throwing the Nostalgia -Net,
In the ever running River of Time;
For, I have been ironically conscientious and judicious of late!

Alas! Now, I am panting and gasping in breathlessness,
To assemble the  oblivious beads of the past good Deeds,
To make a repentant Ring of Atonement to attain Solace,
For, in the Race of life, the Innocence of childhood succeeds!

Oh! May my devious Devil walk on the way of my missing childhood!
Yes, to relish Salvation, let me subsist ever on that lost Innocence Food!

Glossary:
Groping – searching in the dark
Retrieve - get back
Retain - keep hold of
Pious – virtuous
Eloped - run off/fled
Anxious – worried/nervous
Nostalgia – reminiscence/remembering the past
Conscientious – controlled by or done according to one’s inner sense of what is right, principled
Judicious - sensible
Panting and gasping - out of breath
Oblivious - unmindful
Repentant - remorseful
Atonement – penance/ punishment
Solace – relief
Devious - cunning
subsist on – survive/ live on

©Shankar D Mishra, 20.12.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 207 poems till date.
E-mails:
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment