Thursday 14 December 2017

LET ME BE ZEALOUS, NOT JEALOUS OF SHAKESPEARE’S GENIUS

LET ME BE ZEALOUS, NOT JEALOUS OF SHAKESPEARE’S GENIUS

If I unreasonably compare myself with Shakespeare,
And unnecessarily feel myself despondent and inferior,
Dejectedly think myself, near his illustrious halo, nowhere,
Downheartedly feel myself commonplace, him a gem rare,
Dismally begin to feel myself negligible; dolefully curse and lament,
Wha will be the inevitable and unavoidable outcome?
It will, in vain,  pain me more and more, dampen me and torment,
Will make me, consequently, sad, surly, sullen and glum……!

If, instead, I can rationally and sensibly ask myself:
“Why can’t you bake yourself a more delicious literary Cake,
If Shakespeare, five centuries  ago, could  so immaculately make,
Being zealous, drawing impetus from his  contemporary counterparts’ pelf
Could excel in his own inimitable Arts, giving up inferiority, pessimistic fears?”
 “For, Ego-less eyes and Positive perusal do bless us with the last laugh and cheers”!

Glossary:
Zealous – enthusiastic                                           
Despondent - hopeless
Dejectedly – unhappily
Illustrious - famous
Halo – bright and distinguished literary development
Downheartedly - in despair
Dismally - cheerlessly
Dolefully - unhappily
Lament - cry for
Dampen – dishearten
Surly, sullen and glum – sad and miserable
Rationally and sensibly – with logic
Pelf – here, literary genius
Inimitable – matchless
Pessimistic – unenthusiastic/ negative
Perusal - read-through

©Shankar D Mishra, 14.12.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 202 poems till date.
E-mails:
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
shankardmishrapoet@mail.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment