Thursday 21 December 2017

HAS A LADY EVER ENJOYED HER TRUE EMANCIPATION?

HAS A LADY EVER ENJOYED HER TRUE EMANCIPATION?

What Law in the world has unshackled and unchained me,
Which Law has lifted me to the ostensible Liberty’s Acme,
Where has Law really materialized my long cherished dream,
When has Law allowed me to flow as a free and fair Stream?

Am I not still everywhere a second Priority at birth,
Am I not to sacrifice a lion’s share from my hard earned Mirth,
Am I not to marry after standing before Myriad male choices,
Am I not very often gagged to suppress my legitimate Voices?

Am I not to lose my Surname with my Nuptial Tie,
Am I not a compromising Pan to my every Happiness fry,
Am I not subjected to all ill at ease male queries to reply,
Am I not born, under the irresistible male whims, to ever lie?

Am I not still whipped to show Mercy, being ever at others’ Mercy,
Am I not  dangling a hollow badge of Feminine Greatness and Courtesy,
Am I not still a dumb Puppet in the unshakable string of male domination,
Am I not still living in a mere Pseudo world of  the so-called Emancipation?

 Glossary:
 Emancipation – liberation
Unshackled and unchained – freed
Acme – peak
Cherished - treasured
Mirth – delight
Myriad - countless
Gagged – suppressed
Ostensible - superficial
Legitimate – lawful/ justifiable
Subjected to – forced to
 Ill at ease - uncomfortable
Irresistible – compelling/overpowering
Whims – impulses
Whipped – forced/punished
Dangling - hanging
Hollow badge - empty symbol
Courtesy - good manners/ consideration
Unshakable – steadfast/firm
Domination – control/ supremacy
Pseudo – artificial/ simulated
So-called – supposed
Emancipation - liberation

©Shankar D Mishra, 21.12.2017
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
My blog contains 208 poems till date.
E-mails:
shankarmishra314@gmail.com
shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524

No comments:

Post a Comment