Friday 7 December 2018

THOU ART TO ME NOT LESS THAN A PRECIOUS AND PRICELESS PRIDE!

THOU ART TO ME NOT LESS THAN A PRECIOUS AND PRICELESS PRIDE!

Who can fetch me the world's costliest and largest lexicon,
So that I can search suitable epithets and say, "Eureka" with euphoria,
To adorn thee with the wordy blossoms of my sincerest adoration,
To interpret, without a speck of doubt, thy Inner Beauty, O my Amelia?

Thy persona, O my dear Sona, caught my fluttering attention,
Within the millionth part of a second;
What a rich Gem in thee, I have gained,
Is far below the negligible power of my Heart's expression!

Oh! The Beauty of thy philosophy doth brightly light my life's dark ally,
The Mahanadi of thy thoughts doth enlighten sweetly my gloomy sight,
The serene Smiles on thy Moony face dost make me rapturous and jolly,
The invaluable Company of thine doth ensure a "Triumph" in my life's fight!

Hence, thou art my true, Philosopher, Friend and Guide,
Can I also add, "Thou art to me not less than a precious, priceless Pride?"

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra  07.12.18

No comments:

Post a Comment