Monday 24 December 2018

WHAT YOU ARE TO ME.

WHAT YOU ARE TO ME.

Yes, to me, a warm, soft and cosy blanket you are,
In a cold, shivering, desolate and wintry night;
In the sunless dark firmament of my cheerless life,
You are, indeed, a bright, blithe and beautiful Light!

Yes, a lovely, lush and luxuriant Oasis you are,
In my life's dry, dreary and doleful desert;
For a drowning man in life's sorrowful river,
You are, no doubt, a sweet, secure and riving Resort!

Yes, you are, to me, the ever steadily shining and guiding Polestar,
For a missing and ship wrecked Sailor, like me, in my life's ruffled, confused Sea!
To open the most intricate and inscrutable Lock of my life's ultimate Ecstasy,
You are, without a speck of doubt, the safest, surest and sweetest Key!


Copyright: Shankar D Mishra  24.12.18
To read my poems, pls. Visit: sdmpoetry. blogspot. com 

No comments:

Post a Comment