Thursday 20 December 2018

O THAT MY BOSOM HAD BEEN MY BELOVED'S ULTIMATE HEAVEN!

O THAT MY BOSOM HAD BEEN MY BELOVED'S ULTIMATE HEAVEN!

O that I could be a soothing and softening ointment,
For my beloved's yester years' worsening wounds,
For her pestering pain, and terrible torment,
For the bleeding bites gashed by the human hounds!

O that I could stand by my beloved like a firm and fortifying buttress;
To prevent her happy building from crumbling and falling down,
To wipe her unseasonal tear rains with my care and caresses,
To protect her from the unwelcome Adversity's bitter frown!

O that I could be the quenching water for my beloved's gnawing thirst,
I could be the relieving food for her growing and harassing hunger,
At the time of crushing Crises I could be for her the much needed Aid First
In the face of cruel Calamities, my true Love could make her stronger!

O that my embalming bosom had been my beloved's ultimate heaven,
I had been more wonderful for her than the world's thrilling Wonders seven!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 20.12.18
W.A. +91 8270604524





1 comment:

  1. ... The lament of the beloved is a beautiful one, the title catchy and the sentiment relatable. It does also highlights the need to make hay while the sun shines.

    ReplyDelete