Wednesday 19 December 2018

HOW A LITTLE GIRL TAUGHT HER MOTHER A LESSON!


HOW A LITTLE GIRL TAUGHT HER MOTHER A LESSON!

To her mother, a little girl said,
"Mama, I will neither study nor go to school today."
Asked anxious mother, "But why?", turning quickly red!
" I'll chase the butterflies sucking honey, glad and gay!"

Then, mother grew angrier and rudely retorted:
"If you skip school and keep your studies incomplete,
I will surely scold you, stop your food, and wont love but beat!"
Then, "Listen Mama, what I will do." the precocious daughter replied.

"Mama", "If you punish me, I'll cry so aloud,
That its echo waves will wake Papa's sleep, in Cuttack,
And the warm Spring of my sad tears will pinch him and attack,
And force him to reach us swimming against its currents as a floating cloud!"

And will still not stop my tearing torrents of tears,
Until both of your "Regretting Sorrys" bring me back my cheers,
Until both of you kiss gently me on my each tender cheek,
Until you pledge to feed me forever your immortal Storge Milk!

Storge : parents' love towards children and vice versa

Copyright ©️ Dr Shankar D Mishra, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 19.12.18
W.A. +91 8270604524

5 comments:

  1. Awesome poem-like-quote. Very nicely depicted with full of colourful expressions. Great. A novelty in the regular cards.👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lesson the little child taught the mother is a lovely one, how children in their own way make their feelings known. She makes a sound argument in logic using only the power of a strong example: "if children must go to school, then parents(married couples) should remain together in fidelity.

    Sound!

    ReplyDelete