Tuesday 23 April 2024

SDM'S KEY TO FROM ASSERTIVE TO EXCLAMATORY SENTENCES



Q. Turn the following assertive sentences into exclamatory sentences.

Exercise: 0

1. Alas! So many innocent loves lost in the accident.

2. O that I had not wasted my time so stupidly!.

3. What a compassionate personality Mother Teresa was!

4. How patiently she listened to my story! 

5. What a pleasant aroma these herbs have! 

6. How generous he was to sponsor my brother's higher education!

7. How tactfully the manager handled the case!

Exercise: 1

1. What a pretty flower it is!

2. What delicious flavour these mangoes have!

3. What a wonderful creature an elephant is!

4. What a fool you are!

5. What a lovely sight it is!

6. What a piece of work man is!

7. What a beautiful girl she is!

8. How old you are!

9. How beautifully she dances!

10. How stupid of me it is to forget her name!

11. What a lovely garden it is!

12. How nice it is!

13. How funny it is!

14. What a strange man he is!

15. What a beautiful shot it is!

16. Would that I were ric! 

17. O that I had not wasted my time when I was young!

18. If only he were my loyal friend!

 

Exercise: 2

1. How beautiful the flower is!

2. How pretty the bride looks!

3. If only I had a life free of worries!

4. What a great nuisance these noisy loudspeakers are!

5. How stupid of me it is to misunderstand you!

6. Shame on you. How hard-hearted you are!

7. A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!

8. O that I were dead before dishonor!

9. Shame on such a traitor!

10. If only I were young again!

11. How fine the day is!

12. How strange that a soldier is afraid of war!

13. How charming the sight is!

14. Would that I were a bird!

15. O that I could do it once!

16. Alas! Her mother is dead.

17. How sweet the uses of adversity are!

18. What a piece of work man is!

19. How strange it is to think that we meet here!

20. O that I could fly like a bird!

21. How mysterious her ways are!

22. What a nasty fall it was!

23. Alas! She has lost her grandfather.

24. What an excuse!

25. What a fool you are!

26. How pleasant the morning is!

27. How unlucky she is!

28. Shame on you for having committed a great blunder!

29. If only I could win a scholarship!

30. How painful it is to think of those happy days!

 

Exercise: 3

1. How stupid of her to do that work!

2. How selfish of you to cheat your assistant!

3. How foolish of her to marry me!

4. To think of a saint’s being afraid of ghosts!

5. To think of such a teacher’s being the builder of our nation!

6. To think of an electrician’s bheing afraid of sparks!

7. To think of her winning a prize!

8. How strange it is that you should forget your own name!

9. O that I had a cup of tea!

10. If only I had not lived to see that day!

11. Would that I could gain the first price!

12. O that I could see my native place again!

13. Alas! He is ruined.

14. Alas! My best friend is no more.

15. Alas! He should die so young.

16. Bravo! They have done well.

17. Bravo! You have saved the life of the child.

18. Bravo! You played well.

19. Fie on him! He has cheated his friend.

20. Fie on you! You have deceived your own brother.

21. Fie on you! You are a liar.

22. Oh, for the wings of a dove!

23. Hurrah! I have passed!

24. Would that I could go abroad!

25. How sweetly the nightingale sang!

26. Alas! He is no more.

27. What a horrible sight!

28. Shame on you to be so mean!

29. If only I were dead!

30. What a fall, my countrymen!

Exercise: 4

1. What a heart-rending story she told!

2. How convincingly she presented her arguments!

3. If only I had heeded to my parents' advice!

4. Alas! Childhood should be over so soon!

5. How young and how brilliant he is!

6. O that I were a bird!

7. What a pity he lost the race by a split second!

8. If only I were in my own country!

9. He to have donated money to the quake affected victims!

10. To think of his coming here!


Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra



No comments:

Post a Comment