Wednesday 24 April 2024

SDM'S KEY TO USE “UNLESS”

 


USE “UNLESS” IN THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:

 

Exercise: 1

1. Unless we miss the train, we can reach Bhubaneswar today.

2. Unless you finish your work by this evening, you cannot have an off tomorrow.

3. Unless you come to Delhi, I will not host you for a week.

4. Unless you had not made that mistake, you would have been punished.

5. The thief would have been recognised, unless he had worn a mask.

6. Unless the news had been interesting, the newspaper would not have printed it.

7. Unless you heat ice, it does not melt.

8. Unless you complete your assignment, you cannot go to play.

9. Unless you had studied hard, you would not have succeeded in life.

10. Unless anybody wants it, I'll throw it away.

11. Unless she finishes work early, she will not be allowed to go home.

12. Ice does not turn to water unless you heat it.

13. Unless we succeeded, we could not get a reward.

14. Unless you like this one, I'll bring you another.

15. I could not tell you the meaning unless I knew Latin.

16. Unless Manas had tried harder, he would not have succeeded.

17. I would not eat unless I were you.

18. Unless I had any sense, I would have bought a second hand car.

19. Unless I had known that you were coming, I would not have baked a cake.

20. Unless you work for me, I will not pay you a good salary.

 

Exercise: 2

1. Unless the car is repaired, it will stop working.

2. You need not ask him unless you want his help.

3. He would never come to see us unless we invited him.

4. Unless you sign the cheque, the bank will not encash it for you.

5. Unless you work fast, you will not finish the job.

6. Unless you agree, I shall not sign the document.

7. Unless it rains, the match will start as per the schedule.

8. Unless he finds some place to hide, the police will arrest him.

9. We will arrive at 8 o'clock, unless nothing goes wrong.

10. Unless you touch fire, it will not burn you.

11. Unless you fill in the form as I tell you, you will not make mistakes.

12. Unless you take your medicines regularly, you will not get better.

13. Unless you compel him, he will not return your money

14. Unless you are careful to your diet, you will not be healthy

15. Unless you follow me, you will lose your way.

16. Unless we hurry, we shall miss the plane.

17. Unless it was such a boring show, we would not leave the place before the end.

18. Unless he pays any respect, he will be taken to the principal's office.

19. Unless he is careful, he will be caught some day.

20. Unless I follow his instructions, I will not be saved from a lot of trouble.

21. Unless I shelter the culprit, I will not become an accessory to the crime.

22. Unless he comes to the party, it will not be lively enough.

23. Unless you consider my proposal, I will press charges.

24. Unless they arrive on time, we cannot go to the theatre.

25. Unless the priest arrives in time, the last rites will not be performed.

26. Unless the committee rejects the offer, it will not go in favour of their competitor.

27. Unless we cancel the order, we will not get compensated.

Exercise: 3

1. Unless you are honest, people will not vote for you.

2. Unless I had done my homework, I would be punished by the teacher.

3. Unless you go out in the rain, you will not catch cough and cold.

4. He could not succeed. unless he accepted your help.

5. Unless he hurried up, he could not catch the train.

6. Unless he received your help, he would have died. 

7. Unless I knew that you were coming. I would not stay at home.

8. Unless you invited her, she would not come to your function.

9. Unless Lata were to sing, I would not come to listen to her.

10. Unless I asked you. You would not come.

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra 



No comments:

Post a Comment