Wednesday 24 April 2024

SDM'S KEY TO USE “IF”

 


USE “IF” IN THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:

 

Exercise: 1

1. If you do not open the door, you will never know what lies behind it.

2. If she does not refuse me personally, I will never believe it.

3. If they do not do anything foolish, they will surely win.

4. If the statue is not repaired before the sale, it will not fetch a good price.

5. If she does not issue the orders herself, the work will never be done.

6. If he does not listen to his teacher, he will suffer.

7. If he does not hurry, he will miss the train.

8. If he does not pay attention, he will not understand anything.

9. If the boys do not complete their work, they will not be allowed to go home.

10. If I do not return the book to the library, I will not get another one.

11. If they do not lodge an F.I.R., the police will not take any action.

12. If the Germans do not attack first, the British will not open fire.

13. If he does not become more industrious, he will never succeed.

14. If you are not sincere, you can't pass.

15. If he was not studious, he could not score more.

16. If I do not do my homework, I will be punished.

17. If he was not injured, he could play.

18. One should not rest if one is not tired.

19. Students cannot secure high percentage if moderate questions are not set.

20. If the classes are not conducted, students will keep shouting.

21. One should not get angry if one is not provoked.

22. I don't lose my temper if I am not teased.

23. If he did not practise, he could not play well.

24. If he was not honest, he would not be respected.

25. If the Chief Guest did not reach on time, the function would be delayed.

 

Exercise: 2

1. If he does not pay any respect, he will be taken to the principal's office.

2. If he is not careful, he will be caught some day.

3. If I do not follow his instructions, I will not be saved from a lot of trouble.

4. If I do not shelter the culprit, I will not become an accessory to the crime.

5. If he does not come to the party, it will not be lively enough.

6. If you do not consider my proposal, I will press charges.

7. If they do not arrive on time, we cannot go to the theatre.

8. If the priest does not arrive in time, the last rites will not be performed.

9. If the committee does not reject the offer, it will go in favour of their competitor.

10. If we do not cancel the order, we will not get compensated.

11. If he does not attend the classes regularly, he will fail.

12. You cannot pass if you are not sincere.

13. If he does not keep his promise, he will be called a liar.

14. If I do not do my homework, I will be punished.

15. If you do not work hard, you cannot not pass.

Exercise: 3

1. If you are not honest, people will not vote for you.

2. If I had not done my homework, I would be punished by the teacher.

3. If you do not go out in the rain, you will not catch cough and cold.

4. He could not succeed. if he did not accept your help.

5. If he did not hurry up, he could not catch the train.

6. If he had not received your help, he would have died. 

7. If I did not know that you were coming, I would not stay at home.

8. If you did not invite her, she would not come to your function.

9. If Lata were not to sing, I would not come to listen to her.

10. If I did not ask you, you would not come.

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra 



No comments:

Post a Comment