Wednesday 10 April 2024

USE AND REMOVE "UNLESS" QUESTIONS



Remove "Unless" from the following sentences and rewrite.

1. Unless you open the door, you will never know what lies behind it.
2. Unless she refuses me personally, I will never believe it.
3. Unless they do anything foolish, they will surely win
4. Unless the statue is repaired before the sale, it will not fetch a good price.
5. Unless she issues the orders herself, the work will never be done.
6. Unless the boys complete their work, they will not be allowed to go home.
7. Unless I return the book to the library, I will not get another one.
8. Unless they lodge an F.I.R., the police will not take any action.
9. Unless the Germans attack first, the British will not open fire.
10. Unless he becomes more industrious, he will never succeed.

B. Use " Unless" in the following sentences, and rewrite.
1. If he does not pay any respect, he will be taken to the principal's office.
2. If he is not careful, he will be caught some day.
3. If I follow his instructions, I will be saved from a lot of trouble.
4. If I shelter the culprit, I will become an accessory to the crime.
5. If he does not come to the party, it will not be lively enough.
6. If you consider my proposal, I will not press charges.
7. If they arrive on time, we can go to the theatre.
8. If the priest does not arrive in time, the last rites will not be performed.
9. If the committee rejects the offer, it will go in favour of their competitor.
10. If we cancel the order, we will get compensated.
11. If he does not listen to his teacher, he will suffer.
12. If he does not hurry, he will miss the train. Unless he hurries, he will miss the train.
13. If he does not pay attention, he will not understand anything.
14. If I do not do my homework, I will be punished.
15.  You must work hard or you will not pass. 
16. If you work hard you will succeed. 

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra

No comments:

Post a Comment