Tuesday 9 April 2024

FROM ASSERTIVE TO EXCLAMATORY QUESTIONS

 


Turn the following Assertive sentences into Exclamatory sentences.

Exercise: 0

1. It is a pity that so many innocent lives were lost in the accident.

2. I really wish I had not wasted my time so stupidly.

3. Mother Teresa was a very compassionate personality.

4. She listened to my story very patiently.

5. These herbs have a very pleasing aroma.

6. It was very generous of him to sponsor my brother's higher education.

7. The manager handled the case very tactfully.


Exercise: 1
1. It is a very pretty flower.

2. These mangoes have very delicious flavour.

3. An elephant is a very wonderful creature.

4. You are a great fool.

5. It is a very lovely sight

6. Man is a wonderful/ strange piece of work.

7. She is a very beautiful girl.

8. You are very old.

9. She dances beautifully. very

10. It was very stupid of me to forget her name.

11. It's a very lovely garden.

12. It is very nice.

13. It is very funny,

14. He is a strange man.
15. She is a very beautiful girl.
16. I wish I were rich. 
17. I wish I had not wasted my time when I was young.
18. I wish that he were my loyal friend.

Exercise:2
1. The flower is very beautiful.

2. The bride looks very pretty.

3. I yearn for a life free of worries.

4. These noisy loudspeakers are a great nuisance.

5. It is very stupid of me to forget your name.

6. You should be ashamed of being so hard-hearted.

7. I am willing to give my kingdom for a horse.

8. I prefer death to dishonour.

9. Such a traitor should be cursed.

10. I wish I were young again.

11. The day is very fine.

12. It is strange that a soldier is afraid of war.

13. The sight is very charming.

14. I wish that I were a bird.

15. I wish that I could do it once.

16. It is very sad that her mother is dead.

17. The uses of adversity are very sweet.

18. Man is a very great piece of work.

19. It is strange to think that we meet here.
20. I wish that I could fly like a bird.

21. Her ways are very mysterious.

22. It was a very nasty fall.

23. It is a matter of grief that she has lost her grandfather.

24. It is quite a lame excuse.

25. You are a great fool.

26. The morning is very pleasant.

27. She is very unlucky.

28. You have committed a great blunder.

29. I earnestly wish that I could win a scholarship.

30. It is very painful to think of those happy days.

Exercise:3
1. She was stupid enough to do that work,
2. You were selfish enough to cheat your assistant.
3. She was foolish enough to marry me.
4. It is strange that a saint should be afraid of ghosts.
5. It is shocking that such a teacher should be the builder of our nation.
6. It is strange/shocking that an electrician should be afraid of sparks.
7. It is strange that she should win a prize.
8. It is strange that you should forget your own name.
9. I wish for a cup of tea. Or, I wish I had a cup of tea.
10. I wish I had not lived to see that day.
11. I wish that I could gain the first price.  
or I earnestly desire to get the first prize.
12. I wish I could see my native place again. 
or I earnestly desire to see my native place again. 
or I should very much like to see my native place again.
13. It is extremely sad that he is ruined.
14. It is extremely sad that my best friend is no more.
15. It is sad to think that he should die so young.
16. It's a matter of praise that they have done well.
17. It's a matter of praise that you have saved the life of the child.
18. It's a matter of praise that you played well.
19. It is a matter of contempt/ shame that he has cheated his friend.
20. It is a matter of contempt/ shame that you have deceived your own brother.
21. It is a matter of contempt/ shame that you are a liar.
22. I earnestly desire for the wings of a dove.
23. It’s a great joy that I have passed.
24. I wish that I could go abroad.
25. The nightingale sang so sweetly.
26. It’s so sad that he is no more.
27. It’s really a horrible sight.
28. It is so sad that you are so mean.
29. I do yearn that I were dead.
30. It was a great fall, my country men.

Exercise: 4

1. Indeed, she told a heart-rending story.
2. She presented her arguments so convincingly.
3. I earnestly wish that I had heeded to my parents' advice. 
4. It is a pity that childhood should be over so soon. 
5. He is so young and brilliant.
6. I wish I were a bird.
7 It is a pity that he lost the race by a split second.
8 I do wish I were in my own country.
9. It's strange that he has donated money to the quake affected victims.
10. It is hard to believe that he is coming here.
 
N. B. The above questions have been collected from different books.

No comments:

Post a Comment