Wednesday 24 April 2024

USE “UNLESS”.

 


USE “UNLESS” IN THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:

Exercise: 1

1. If we do not miss the train, we can reach Bhubaneswar today.

2. If you do not finish your work by this evening, you cannot have an off tomorrow.

3. If you come to Delhi, I will host you for a week.

4. If you you had not made that mistake, you would not have been punished.

5. The thief would have been recognised, if he had not worn a mask.

6. If the news had not been interesting, the newspaper would not have printed it.

7. If you heat ice, it melts.

8. If you complete your assignment, you can go to play.

9. If you had not studied hard, you would not have succeeded in life.

10. If nobody wants it, I'll throw it away.

11. If she finishes work early, she will be allowed to go home.

12. Ice turns to water if you heat it.

13. If we succeeded, we could get a reward.

14. If you do not like this one, I'll bring you another.

15. I could tell you the meaning if I knew Latin.

16. If Manas had tried harder, he would have succeeded.

17. I would not eat if I were you.

18. If I had any sense, I would not have bought a second hand car.

19. If I had known that you were coming, I would have baked a cake.

20. If you work for me, I will pay you a good salary.

 

Exercise: 2

1. If the car is not repaired, it will stop working.

2. You must ask him if you want his help.

3. He would never come to see us if we did not invite him.

4. If you do not sign the cheque, the bank will not cash it for you.

5. If you do not work fast, you will not finish the job.

6. If you do not agree, I shall not sign the document.

7. If it does not rain, the match will start as per the schedule.

8. If he does not find some place to hide, the police will arrest him.

9. We will arrive at 8 o'clock, if nothing goes wrong.

10. If you touch fire, it will burn you.

11. Fill in the form as I tell you or you will make mistakes.

12. If you do not take your medicines regularly, you will not get better.

13. If you do not compel him, he will not return your money

14. If you are careful in your diet, you will be healthy

15. If you do not follow me, you will lose your way.

16. If we do not hurry, we shall miss the plane.

17. It was such a boring show that we left the place before the end.

18. If he does not pay any respect, he will be taken to the principal's office.

19. If he is not careful, he will be caught some day.

20. If I follow his instructions, I will be saved from a lot of trouble.

21. If I shelter the culprit, I will become an accessory to the crime.

22. If he does not come to the party, it will not be lively enough.

23. If you consider my proposal, I will not press charges.

24. If they arrive on time, we can go to the theatre.

25. If the priest does not arrive in time, the last rites will not be performed.

26. If the committee rejects the offer, it will go in favour of their competitor.

27. If we cancel the order, we will get compensated.

Exercise: 3
1. You are honest. People will vote for you.
2. I had done my homework. I was not punished by the teacher.
3. Go out in the rain. You may catch cough and cold.
4. He did succeed. He accepted your help.
5. He hurried up. He could catch the train.
6. He had received your help. He would have died. 
7. I knew that you were coming. I stayed at home.
8. You invited her. She came to your function.
9. Lata were to sing. I came to listen to her.
10. I asked you. You did come.



No comments:

Post a Comment