Thursday 25 April 2024

JOIN THE SENTENCES, SET - 1


Join the following sentences:

Exercise: 1
(1) He will pass. Work hard.
(ii) The sun set. They went home.
(iii) You do not pass. You do not work hard.
(iv) The sun shines. Make hay how.
(v) Ramu works hard. His aim is to win a scholarship.
(vi) Had he returned from Kolkata ? Asked his son.
(vii) She had left home. The guests arrived afterwards.
(viii) You must take your medicine regularly. You will not get be cured.
(ix) The old man was carrying a basket. It was full of mangoes.
(x) He was alienated by his friends. His conduct was disgraceful.

Exercise: 2
(i) Arun has money. He can spare it.
(ii) This is the forest. A lion lives here.
(iii) She will waste her money. That is certain.
(iv) You must hurry. You will miss the train.
(v) He is innocent. I am sure of it.
(vi) This is the college. I was taught here.
(vii) We change our clothes. Then we go to bed.
(viii) The ship will arrive at a certain time. Do you know the time
(iv) They have made a mistake. I think so.
(ix) I have met this lady somewhere before, I cannot
(x) I am sorry. I cannot share anything with you.

Exercise: 3
(i) We will die one day. Men are mortals.
it 
(ii) Tagore was a painter. He was also a poet.
(iii) He drew the sword. His purpose was to defend himself.
(iv) Do not steal. Stealing is a crime.b
(v) Angels fear to tread in some places. Fools rush in there.
(vi) The old man is quite happy. He is very poor.
 (vii) This is the house. I was born here.
(viii) You were absent yesterday. Can you tell me the reason?
(ix) Be punctual. Leave the service.
(x) It has done good to Ajay. It is certain.

Exercise: 4
(i) Sahil composed a wonderful song. It became a hit.
(ii) Rani reached the spot. We were to meet there.
(iii) Dick met me. I gave him the document.
(iv) Shenaz was very upset. I wanted to help her out.
(v) John gave me the novel. John wanted me to review it.
(vi) Debjani received my note. She sent her reply within a week.
(vii) Raja is a great footballer. He is also popular.
(viii) Jennifer saw that I was confused. She came to my rescue.
(ix) Swarna asked me a question. I was unable to answer it.
(x) You helped Tania. She will always be grateful.

Exercise: 5
(i) I heard you won a prize. I am extremely delighted.
(ii) There was heavy traffic. We reached the stadium on time.
(iii) You will surely be late. Hurry up!
(iv) The trekker got lost due to the heavy fog. They had misplaced their map as well.
(v) She has to apologize. He will not meet her again if she does not do so. 
(vi) I wear this expensive outfit very sparingly. I bought it last month.
(vii) The minister was wise. The king did not trust him.
(viii) We reached the port. The storm came on. however, Aft
(ix) One should not borrow money. One should not lend money
(x) She will win the prize. She deserves it.


Exercise: 6
(i) We had better get ready now. We may not have time to reach the airport.
(ii) Mr. Liew has been sick. He has been so since he came back from Japan.
(iii) The debating teams were very happy. Both were declared the joint-champions.
(iv) He is good at gymnastics. His handwriting must improve.
(v) Her grandfather gifted her a paint box. He knew she was good at art.
(vi) Ravi fractured his arm. He insisted on playing the match.
(vii) Mona has been ill for a month. She stood first in the examination.
(viii) We have been independent since 1947. We have not been able to get rid of many evils.
(ix) He was surrounded by adversity. He didn't give in.
(x) You can keep pets at home. They should not be a nuisance to your neighbours.

N. B. - The above questions have been collected from different books.

No comments:

Post a Comment