Wednesday 24 April 2024

USE “IF” .

 


USE “IF” IN THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:

1. Unless you open the door, you will never know what lies behind it.

2. Unless she refuses me personally, I will never believe it.

3. Unless they do anything foolish, they will surely win.

4. Unless the statue is repaired before the sale, it will not fetch a good price.

5. Unless she issues the orders herself, the work will never be done.

6. Unless he listens to his teacher, he will suffer.

7. Unless he hurries, he will miss the train.

8. Unless he pays attention, he will not understand anything.

9. Unless the boys complete their work, they will not be allowed to go home.

10. Unless I return the book to the library, I will not get another one.

11. Unless they lodge an F.I.R., the police will not take any action.

12. Unless the Germans attack first, the British will not open fire.

13. Unless he becomes more industrious, he will never succeed.

14. Unless you are sincere, you can't prosper.

15. Unless he was studious, he could not score more.

16. Unless I do my homework, I will be punished.

17. Unless he was injured, he could play.

18. One should not rest unless one is tired.

19. Students cannot secure high percentage unless moderate questions are set.

20. Unless the classes are conducted, students will keep shouting.

21. One should not get angry unless one is provoked.

22. I don't lose my temper unless I am teased.

23. Unless he practised, he could not play well.

24. Unless he was honest, he would not be respected.

25. Unless the Chief Guest reached on time, the function would be delayed.

 

Exercise: 2

1. Unless he pays any respect, he will be taken to the principal's office.

2. Unless he is careful, he will be caught some day.

3. Unless I follow his instructions, I will not be saved from a lot of trouble.

4. Unless I shelter the culprit, I will not become an accessory to the crime.

5. Unless he comes to the party, it will not be lively enough.

6. Unless you consider my proposal, I will press charges.

7. Unless they arrive on time, we cannot go to the theatre.

8. Unless the priest arrives in time, the last rites will not be performed.

9. Unless the committee rejects the offer, it will go in favour of their competitor.

10. Unless we cancel the order, we will not get compensated.

11. Unless he attends the classes regularly, he will fail..

12. You cannot pass unless you are sincere.

13. Unless he keeps his promise, he will be called a liar.

14. Unless I do my homework, I will be punished.

15.  Unless you work hard, you cannot pass.

Exercise: 3

1. Unless you are honest, people will not vote for you.

2. Unless I had done my homework, I would be punished by the teacher.

3. Unless you go out in the rain, you will not catch cough and cold.

4. He could not succeed. unless he accepted your help.

5. Unless he hurried up, he could not catch the train.

6. Unless he had received your help, he would have died. 

7. Unless I knew that you were coming. I would not stay at home.

8. Unless you invited her, she would not come to your function.

9. Unless Lata were to sing, I would not come to listen to her.

10. Unless I asked you. You would not come.

N.B.  The above questions have been collected from different books.



No comments:

Post a Comment