Friday 15 March 2019

O MY LOVE! YOU HAVE PROVED WHAT LOVE IS.

O MY LOVE! YOU HAVE PROVED WHAT LOVE IS.

As soon as the tired Day departs to slumber on the Earth's lap,
After the busy dusk greets Night, knocking at her door, with a soft tap,
After the bulbs of the stars shine and the milky moon smiles,
Oh! The longing for you, O my Love, haunts me more and riles!

Oh! The more the leisurely Night strolls stealthily towards the Eastward,
The more I am tormented by the slaps of isolation and loneliness untoward!
Alas! Each fraction of an instant seems to me passing like an infinite aeon,
For, without you, O my Love, Time turns into an unbudging, stony stagnation!

But, no sooner do the glimpses of memories about your Love, truly unforgettable,
Visit me in the dark, desolate Night, than my choking loneliness recedes as reveries,
And each beat of my heart sings my life's sweetest fulfilment unimaginable!

Ultimately, you have proved "Physical presence in Love is like the futile Shadows,
Feelings matter more; and with the nourishments of Loyalty and Sincerity 'Love always grows!'

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 16.03.19
WhatsApp number: +91 8270604524






No comments:

Post a Comment