Wednesday, 29 July 2026

TENSES REVISITED, CHAPTER 1, (FUTURE TENSE) BSE, ODISHA

 

3. WAYS OF EXPRESSING THE FUTURE TIME

Activity – 1

Use shall or will in the blank spaces.
(a) A friend is trying to move a heavy table. You say, “______ I give you a hand?”
(b) There is a lot of cleaning to do. You do the cleaning and I ______ do the drying.
(c) A friend is carrying a lot of books to the library. You are going there anyway. You say, “I ______ take them there if you like.”
(d) I ______ go and ask the clerk if he has a spare key.”

Answers:

(a) Shall (b) will (c) will (d) will

Activity – 3

In each of the following pairs of sentences, one is more natural and common. Cross out the more unusual one.
(a) Leave that. (I’ll carry it. /I’m going to carry it) for you.
(b) Bye. (I’ll see you/ I’m going to see you) tomorrow.
(c) (I’ll post/ I’m going to post) these letters for you if you like.
(d) I’m so tired. (I’ll go/ I’m going to go) to bed.
(e) I’m so far behind with my studies that (I’ll work/ I’m going to work) next Sunday.

Answers

In each pair, the more natural and common expression is:

(a) Leave that. I’ll carry it for you.
I’m going to carry it

(b) Bye. I’ll see you tomorrow.
I’m going to see you

(c) I’ll post these letters for you if you like.
I’m going to post

(d) I’m so tired. I’ll go to bed.
I’m going to go
10 Additional Questions
(f) The phone is ringing. (I’ll answer/ I’m going to answer) it.
(g) Look at those dark clouds! (It’ll rain/ It’s going to rain) soon.
(h) I’ve decided to learn French. (I’ll join/ I’m going to join) a language course next month.
(i) “Would you like some tea?” “Yes, please. (I’ll have/ I’m going to have) some.”
(j) We have already bought the tickets. (We’ll travel/ We’re going to travel) to Delhi next week.
(k) “I can’t lift this box.” “Don’t worry. (I’ll help/ I’m going to help) you.”
(l) She has saved enough money. (She’ll buy/ She’s going to buy) a new laptop next month.
(m) “What are you doing this evening?” “(I’ll visit/ I’m going to visit) my grandmother.”
(n) Watch out! That glass (will fall/ is going to fall).
(o) “I forgot to post this letter.” “Don’t worry. (I’ll post/ I’m going to post) it for you.”

Answers

(f) The phone is ringing. I’ll answer it.
I’m going to answer

(g) Look at those dark clouds! It’s going to rain soon.
It’ll rain

(h) I’ve decided to learn French. I’m going to join a language course next month.
I’ll join

(i) “Would you like some tea?” “Yes, please. I’ll have some.”
I’m going to have

(j) We have already bought the tickets. We’re going to travel to Delhi next week.
We’ll travel

(k) “I can’t lift this box.” “Don’t worry. I’ll help you.”
I’m going to help

(l) She has saved enough money. She’s going to buy a new laptop next month.
She’ll buy

(m) “What are you doing this evening?” “I’m going to visit my grandmother.”
I’ll visit

(n) Watch out! That glass is going to fall.
will fall

(o) “I forgot to post this letter.” “Don’t worry. I’ll post it for you.”
I’m going to post

Activity – 4

Two friends, Nilu and Chinu, are leaving school together. Their parents have gone to their village. Some lines of their conversation are correct and some contain mistakes. If a line is correct, put a tick mark (). If a line has a mistake, underline the mistake and write the correct expression against the brackets.
(a) Nilu: Where will you eat tonight? (1)
(b) Chinu: At home. I’ve got a cookery book, so I’ll make a curry. (2)
(c) Nilu: Why not come to my place? I’m going to cook us both something. (3)
(d) Chinu: Won’t you go to meet your Grandpa? (4)
(e) Nilu: No, he’s left for the village. I’m not going to meet him for a month or so. (5)
(f) Chinu: O.K. I’m going to come round at 8 and I’ll bring some ice-cream. (6)
(g) Nilu: Fine. I’ll see you then. (7)

Answers

(a) Nilu: Where will you eat tonight?

(b) Chinu: At home. I’ve got a cookery book, so I’ll make a curry.

(c) Nilu: Why not come to my place? I’m going to cook us both something.

(d) Chinu: Won’t you go to meet your Grandpa?

(e) Nilu: No, he’s left for the village. I’m not going to meet him for a month or so.

(f) Chinu: O.K. I’m going to comeI’ll come round at 8 and I’ll bring some ice-cream.

(g) Nilu: Fine. I’ll see you then.

Correct answer: (f) I’ll come
Additional Questions
(h) Nilu: What are you going to do after dinner? (8)
(i) Chinu: I’ll probably watch television for a while. (9)
(j) Nilu: I’m going to visit my aunt tomorrow. (10)
(k) Chinu: Shall I come with you? (11)
(l) Nilu: Yes, I’m sure she will be pleased to see you. (12)
(m) Chinu: Then I’ll meet you outside your house at ten. (13)
(n) Nilu: Great! I’m going to bring some books for her children. (14)
(o) Chinu: I think they will like them. (15)
(p) Nilu: I’ll call you tonight to confirm the plan. (16)
(q) Chinu: All right. I’m seeing you tomorrow then. (17)

Answers

(h) Nilu: What are you going to do after dinner?

(i) Chinu: I’ll probably watch television for a while.

(j) Nilu: I’m going to visit my aunt tomorrow.

(k) Chinu: Shall I come with you?

(l) Nilu: Yes, I’m sure she will be pleased to see you.

(m) Chinu: Then I’ll meet you outside your house at ten.

(n) Nilu: Great! I’m going to bring some books for her children.

(o) Chinu: I think they will like them.

(p) Nilu: I’ll call you tonight to confirm the plan.

(q) Chinu: All right. I’m seeingI’ll see you tomorrow then.

Correct answer: (q) I’ll see

Activity – 5

Use will/shall, be going to, or the present progressive forms of the verbs given in brackets to complete the following dialogue.
Mina: Would you like to come to watch a movie this weekend?
Nina: I’d like to, but I’m afraid (I/not/have) time.
Mina: Why? (what/do)?
Nina: Well, (my father/arrive) back from Delhi. He’s been there for six months and (we/have) a big party to celebrate.
Mina: ………. (he/not/be) too tired for a party after his long train journey?
Nina: Yes, and no doubt ……….. (he/have) no proper food during the journey. So, on Saturday he can take it easy. But on Sunday, (all the family/come) on a picnic. (we/go) on a picnic. ……….. (I/prepare) things all day on Saturday. Mina: What a lot of work for you.
Nina: I don’t mind. Other members of my family are helpful and we are well organised. In fact, (I/see) someone about hiring a cook this afternoon. So, I must go now or …….. (I/not/get) to their shop before ………. (they/ close).
Mina: I hope (everything/go) well for you.
Nina: I’m sure (it/be) a great day, provided (the weather/remain) fine.

Answers

Mina: Would you like to come to watch a movie this weekend?
Nina: I’d like to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to have time.
Mina: Why? What are you doing?
Nina: Well, my father is arriving back from Delhi. He’s been there for six months and we’re going to have a big party to celebrate.
Mina: Won’t he be too tired for a party after his long train journey?
Nina: Yes, and no doubt he will have no proper food during the journey. So, on Saturday he can take it easy. But on Sunday, all the family are coming on a picnic. We’re going on a picnic. I’m going to prepare things all day on Saturday.
Mina: What a lot of work for you.
Nina: I don’t mind. Other members of my family are helpful and we are well organised. In fact, I’m seeing someone about hiring a cook this afternoon. So, I must go now or I won’t get to their shop before they close.
Mina: I hope everything will go well for you.
Nina: I’m sure it will be a great day, provided the weather remains fine.
5 Additional Questions
Use will/shall, be going to, or the present progressive forms of the verbs given in brackets to complete the following dialogue.

Set 1

Ravi: Would you like to come to my house this Saturday?
Amit: I’d love to, but I’m afraid (I/not/have) enough time.
Ravi: Why? (what/do)?
Amit: Well, (my uncle/arrive) from Mumbai. He has been away for several months and (we/have) a family gathering to welcome him.
Ravi: ……….. (he/not/be) tired after such a long journey?
Amit: He probably will be, and no doubt ……….. (he/need) some rest. So, on Saturday morning he can relax. But on Sunday, (all the relatives/come) to our house. (we/organise) a special lunch. ……….. (I/help) my mother with the preparations on Saturday.
Ravi: That sounds like a lot of work.
Amit: I don’t mind. Everyone is helping. In fact, (I/meet) a caterer this evening. So, I must leave now or ……….. (I/not/reach) his office before ……….. (he/leave).
Ravi: I hope (everything/go) well.
Amit: I’m sure (it/be) a wonderful gathering, provided (everyone/arrive) on time.

Answers

Ravi: Would you like to come to my house this Saturday?
Amit: I’d love to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to have enough time.
Ravi: Why? What are you doing?
Amit: Well, my uncle is arriving from Mumbai. He has been away for several months and we’re going to have a family gathering to welcome him.
Ravi: Won’t he be tired after such a long journey?
Amit: He probably will be, and no doubt he will need some rest. So, on Saturday morning he can relax. But on Sunday, all the relatives are coming to our house. We’re going to organise a special lunch. I’m going to help my mother with the preparations on Saturday.
Ravi: That sounds like a lot of work.
Amit: I don’t mind. Everyone is helping. In fact, I’m meeting a caterer this evening. So, I must leave now or I won’t reach his office before he leaves.
Ravi: I hope everything will go well.
Amit: I’m sure it will be a wonderful gathering, provided everyone arrives on time.

Set 2

Priya: Would you like to join us for a day at the beach this weekend?
Riya: I’d love to, but I’m afraid (I/not/be) free.
Priya: Why? (what/do)?
Riya: Well, (my cousin/come) from Bengaluru. She has been studying there for a year and (we/hold) a small celebration for her.
Priya: ……….. (she/not/be) tired after the journey?
Riya: She probably will be, and no doubt ……….. (she/want) some rest. So, on Saturday she can relax. But on Sunday, (all our cousins/visit) us. (we/have) lunch together. ……….. (I/help) my aunt with the arrangements on Saturday.
Priya: That sounds busy.
Riya: It is, but everyone is helping. In fact, (I/meet) a decorator this afternoon. So, I must go now or ……….. (I/not/get) to his shop before ……….. (he/close).
Priya: I hope (everything/go) well.
Riya: I’m sure (it/be) a lovely celebration, provided (the weather/remain) pleasant.

Answers

Priya: Would you like to join us for a day at the beach this weekend?
Riya: I’d love to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to be free.
Priya: Why? What are you doing?
Riya: Well, my cousin is coming from Bengaluru. She has been studying there for a year and we’re going to hold a small celebration for her.
Priya: Won’t she be tired after the journey?
Riya: She probably will be, and no doubt she will want some rest. So, on Saturday she can relax. But on Sunday, all our cousins are visiting us. We’re going to have lunch together. I’m going to help my aunt with the arrangements on Saturday.
Priya: That sounds busy.
Riya: It is, but everyone is helping. In fact, I’m meeting a decorator this afternoon. So, I must go now or I won’t get to his shop before he closes.
Priya: I hope everything will go well.
Riya: I’m sure it will be a lovely celebration, provided the weather remains pleasant.

Set 3

Arjun: Are you free to come to the school exhibition on Saturday?
Karan: I’d like to, but I’m afraid (I/not/have) enough time.
Arjun: Why? (what/do)?
Karan: Well, (my grandparents/visit) us this weekend. They have been away for several months and (we/have) a special family lunch.
Arjun: ……….. (they/not/be) tired after travelling such a long distance?
Karan: They probably will be, and no doubt ……….. (they/want) to rest when they arrive. So, on Saturday morning they can take it easy. But on Sunday, (all the family/get together) at our house. (we/prepare) a special meal. ……….. (I/help) my mother with the cooking on Saturday.
Arjun: You certainly have a busy weekend.
Karan: Yes, but I don’t mind. In fact, (I/see) a shopkeeper this afternoon about ordering some sweets. So, I must go now or ……….. (I/not/reach) the shop before ……….. (it/close).
Arjun: I hope (everything/go) well.
Karan: I’m sure (it/be) a memorable weekend, provided (everyone/arrive) on time.

Answers

Arjun: Are you free to come to the school exhibition on Saturday?
Karan: I’d like to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to have enough time.
Arjun: Why? What are you doing?
Karan: Well, my grandparents are visiting us this weekend. They have been away for several months and we’re going to have a special family lunch.
Arjun: Won’t they be tired after travelling such a long distance?
Karan: They probably will be, and no doubt they will want to rest when they arrive. So, on Saturday morning they can take it easy. But on Sunday, all the family are getting together at our house. We’re going to prepare a special meal. I’m going to help my mother with the cooking on Saturday.
Arjun: You certainly have a busy weekend.
Karan: Yes, but I don’t mind. In fact, I’m seeing a shopkeeper this afternoon about ordering some sweets. So, I must go now or I won’t reach the shop before it closes.
Arjun: I hope everything will go well.
Karan: I’m sure it will be a memorable weekend, provided everyone arrives on time.

Set 4

Meera: Would you like to come shopping with me tomorrow?
Sana: I’d like to, but I’m afraid (I/not/be) free.
Meera: Why? (what/do)?
Sana: Well, (my sister/return) from Chennai. She has been working there for several months and (we/organise) a welcome dinner for her.
Meera: ……….. (she/not/be) tired after travelling all day?
Sana: Yes, and no doubt ……….. (she/need) some rest. So, tomorrow afternoon she can relax. But in the evening, (all our relatives/come) for dinner. (we/prepare) everything at home. ……….. (I/help) my mother with the arrangements tomorrow morning.
Meera: That sounds like quite a lot of work.
Sana: It is, but we are sharing the work. In fact, (I/talk) to a caterer this afternoon. So, I must go now or ……….. (I/not/reach) his office before ……….. (he/leave).
Meera: I hope (everything/go) smoothly.
Sana: I’m sure (it/be) a wonderful evening, provided (everyone/come) on time.

Answers

Meera: Would you like to come shopping with me tomorrow?
Sana: I’d like to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to be free.
Meera: Why? What are you doing?
Sana: Well, my sister is returning from Chennai. She has been working there for several months and we’re going to organise a welcome dinner for her.
Meera: Won’t she be tired after travelling all day?
Sana: Yes, and no doubt she will need some rest. So, tomorrow afternoon she can relax. But in the evening, all our relatives are coming for dinner. We’re going to prepare everything at home. I’m going to help my mother with the arrangements tomorrow morning.
Meera: That sounds like quite a lot of work.
Sana: It is, but we are sharing the work. In fact, I’m talking to a caterer this afternoon. So, I must go now or I won’t reach his office before he leaves.
Meera: I hope everything will go smoothly.
Sana: I’m sure it will be a wonderful evening, provided everyone comes on time.

Set 5

Dev: Would you like to come to the cricket match with us on Sunday?
Rohit: I’d like to, but I’m afraid (I/not/be) able to come.
Dev: Why? (what/do)?
Rohit: Well, (my brother/return) from Hyderabad. He has been studying there for two years and (we/hold) a small family celebration.
Dev: ……….. (he/not/be) tired after such a long journey?
Rohit: He probably will be, and no doubt ……….. (he/want) to rest for a while. So, on Saturday he can relax. But on Sunday, (all our relatives/come) to our house. (we/prepare) a special lunch. ……….. (I/help) my father with the arrangements on Saturday.
Dev: That sounds like a busy weekend.
Rohit: It will be, but everyone is helping. In fact, (I/visit) a restaurant manager this evening about arranging the food. So, I must go now or ……….. (I/not/get) there before ……….. (the manager/leave).
Dev: I hope (everything/go) well.
Rohit: I’m sure (it/be) a great celebration, provided (the weather/stay) pleasant.

Answers

Dev: Would you like to come to the cricket match with us on Sunday?
Rohit: I’d like to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to be able to come.
Dev: Why? What are you doing?
Rohit: Well, my brother is returning from Hyderabad. He has been studying there for two years and we’re going to hold a small family celebration.
Dev: Won’t he be tired after such a long journey?
Rohit: He probably will be, and no doubt he will want to rest for a while. So, on Saturday he can relax. But on Sunday, all our relatives are coming to our house. We’re going to prepare a special lunch. I’m going to help my father with the arrangements on Saturday.
Dev: That sounds like a busy weekend.
Rohit: It will be, but everyone is helping. In fact, I’m visiting a restaurant manager this evening about arranging the food. So, I must go now or I won’t get there before the manager leaves.
Dev: I hope everything will go well.
Rohit: I’m sure it will be a great celebration, provided the weather stays pleasant.

Activity – 6

Copy your timetable for next Thursday. On the basis of it, write five sentences to mention what you are going to do that day. Compare your sentences with those of your friend.

Answer:

My Plans for Next Thursday

1.    I am going to attend my English class in the morning.

2.    I am going to study Mathematics after lunch.

3.    I am going to complete my homework in the evening.

4.    I am going to play cricket with my friends after school.

5.    I am going to watch television for a while before going to bed.

Activity – 7

Use either will be + verb-ing or will have + past participle in the blank spaces in the following sentences. The verbs have been given in brackets.
(a) Our school closes at 4.30. I ……… (take) some snacks at home at five o’clock.
(b) Our school closes at 4.30. I ………. (reach) home by five o’clock.
(c) They ………. (not/finish) painting the school building until next week.
(d) You ………. (take) a test on English Grammar this day next week.
(e) Our teacher ………. (work) here for the next five years.
(f) By the time you read this, I ……….. (finish) answering all the questions.

Answers

(a) will be taking
(b) will have reached
(c) will not have finished
(d) will be taking
(e) will be working
(f) will have finished
5 Additional Question sets

Use will/shall, be going to, or the present progressive forms of the verbs given in brackets to complete the following dialogue.

Set 1

Anita: Would you like to come to the school fair on Saturday?
Pooja: I’d like to, but I’m afraid (I/not/have) enough time.
Anita: Why? (what/do)?
Pooja: Well, (my aunt/arrive) from Kolkata. She has been away for nearly a year and (we/have) a welcome party for her.
Anita: ……….. (she/not/be) tired after such a long journey?
Pooja: She probably will be, and no doubt ……….. (she/want) some rest. So, on Saturday morning she can relax. But in the evening, (all our relatives/come) to our house. (we/have) dinner together. ……….. (I/help) my mother with the preparations.
Anita: That sounds like a busy day.
Pooja: I don’t mind. In fact, (I/meet) a caterer this afternoon. So, I must go now or ……….. (I/not/reach) his office before ……….. (he/leave).
Anita: I hope (everything/go) well.
Pooja: I’m sure (it/be) a lovely evening, provided (everyone/arrive) on time.

Answers

Anita: Would you like to come to the school fair on Saturday?
Pooja: I’d like to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to have enough time.
Anita: Why? What are you doing?
Pooja: Well, my aunt is arriving from Kolkata. She has been away for nearly a year and we’re going to have a welcome party for her.
Anita: Won’t she be tired after such a long journey?
Pooja: She probably will be, and no doubt she will want some rest. So, on Saturday morning she can relax. But in the evening, all our relatives are coming to our house. We’re going to have dinner together. I’m going to help my mother with the preparations.
Anita: That sounds like a busy day.
Pooja: I don’t mind. In fact, I’m meeting a caterer this afternoon. So, I must go now or I won’t reach his office before he leaves.
Anita: I hope everything will go well.
Pooja: I’m sure it will be a lovely evening, provided everyone arrives on time.

Set 2

Rohan: Are you coming to the football match tomorrow?
Vivek: I’d like to, but I’m afraid (I/not/be) free.
Rohan: Why? (what/do)?
Vivek: Well, (my cousins/visit) us tomorrow. They have been living abroad for two years and (we/organise) a family lunch for them.
Rohan: ……….. (they/not/be) tired after their flight?
Vivek: They probably will be, and no doubt ……….. (they/need) some rest. So, in the morning they can relax. But in the afternoon, (all the family/meet) at our house. (we/prepare) a special meal. ……….. (I/help) my mother in the kitchen.
Rohan: What a lot of work!
Vivek: I don’t mind. In fact, (I/go) to the market this evening to buy some vegetables. So, I must leave now or ……….. (I/not/get) there before ……….. (the shops/close).
Rohan: I hope (everything/go) well.
Vivek: I’m sure (it/be) a wonderful day, provided (the weather/remain) pleasant.

Answers

Rohan: Are you coming to the football match tomorrow?
Vivek: I’d like to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to be free.
Rohan: Why? What are you doing?
Vivek: Well, my cousins are visiting us tomorrow. They have been living abroad for two years and we’re going to organise a family lunch for them.
Rohan: Won’t they be tired after their flight?
Vivek: They probably will be, and no doubt they will need some rest. So, in the morning they can relax. But in the afternoon, all the family are meeting at our house. We’re going to prepare a special meal. I’m going to help my mother in the kitchen.
Rohan: What a lot of work!
Vivek: I don’t mind. In fact, I’m going to the market this evening to buy some vegetables. So, I must leave now or I won’t get there before the shops close.
Rohan: I hope everything will go well.
Vivek: I’m sure it will be a wonderful day, provided the weather remains pleasant.

Set 3

Neha: Would you like to join us for the school picnic next Sunday?
Kavya: I’d love to, but I’m afraid (I/not/be) able to come.
Neha: Why? (what/do)?
Kavya: Well, (my grandparents/come) to stay with us. They have been away for several months and (we/organise) a small family gathering.
Neha: ……….. (they/not/be) tired after their journey?
Kavya: They probably will be, and no doubt ……….. (they/want) to rest. So, on Saturday they can relax. But on Sunday, (all my relatives/come) to our house. (we/have) lunch together. ……….. (I/help) my parents with the arrangements.
Neha: You will certainly be busy.
Kavya: Yes, but everyone is helping. In fact, (I/talk) to a caterer this evening. So, I must go now or ……….. (I/not/reach) his office before ……….. (it/close).
Neha: I hope (everything/go) well.
Kavya: I’m sure (it/be) a wonderful gathering, provided (everyone/arrive) on time.

Answers

Neha: Would you like to join us for the school picnic next Sunday?
Kavya: I’d love to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to be able to come.
Neha: Why? What are you doing?
Kavya: Well, my grandparents are coming to stay with us. They have been away for several months and we’re going to organise a small family gathering.
Neha: Won’t they be tired after their journey?
Kavya: They probably will be, and no doubt they will want to rest. So, on Saturday they can relax. But on Sunday, all my relatives are coming to our house. We’re going to have lunch together. I’m going to help my parents with the arrangements.
Neha: You will certainly be busy.
Kavya: Yes, but everyone is helping. In fact, I’m talking to a caterer this evening. So, I must go now or I won’t reach his office before it closes.
Neha: I hope everything will go well.
Kavya: I’m sure it will be a wonderful gathering, provided everyone arrives on time.

Set 4

Suman: Would you like to come to my birthday party on Friday evening?
Ritu: I’d like to, but I’m afraid (I/not/have) enough time.
Suman: Why? (what/do)?
Ritu: Well, (my brother/return) from Bengaluru. He has been working there for several months and (we/hold) a small celebration for him.
Suman: ……….. (he/not/be) tired after travelling all day?
Ritu: He probably will be, and no doubt ……….. (he/need) some rest. So, on Friday afternoon he can relax. But on Saturday, (all our relatives/come) to our house. (we/organise) a family lunch. ……….. (I/help) my mother with the preparations.
Suman: That sounds like a lot of work.
Ritu: I don’t mind. In fact, (I/meet) a decorator this afternoon. So, I must go now or ……….. (I/not/get) to his shop before ……….. (he/close).
Suman: I hope (everything/go) well.
Ritu: I’m sure (it/be) a memorable celebration, provided (the weather/remain) fine.

Answers

Suman: Would you like to come to my birthday party on Friday evening?
Ritu: I’d like to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to have enough time.
Suman: Why? What are you doing?
Ritu: Well, my brother is returning from Bengaluru. He has been working there for several months and we’re going to hold a small celebration for him.
Suman: Won’t he be tired after travelling all day?
Ritu: He probably will be, and no doubt he will need some rest. So, on Friday afternoon he can relax. But on Saturday, all our relatives are coming to our house. We’re going to organise a family lunch. I’m going to help my mother with the preparations.
Suman: That sounds like a lot of work.
Ritu: I don’t mind. In fact, I’m meeting a decorator this afternoon. So, I must go now or I won’t get to his shop before he closes.
Suman: I hope everything will go well.
Ritu: I’m sure it will be a memorable celebration, provided the weather remains fine.

Set 5

Aman: Are you free to come to the science exhibition this weekend?
Kunal: I’d like to, but I’m afraid (I/not/be) free.
Aman: Why? (what/do)?
Kunal: Well, (my uncle/visit) us from Mumbai. He has been working there for a long time and (we/have) a family dinner for him.
Aman: ……….. (he/not/be) tired after the journey?
Kunal: He probably will be, and no doubt ……….. (he/want) some rest. So, on Saturday he can take it easy. But on Sunday, (all the relatives/come) to our house. (we/prepare) a special dinner. ……….. (I/help) my father with the arrangements.
Aman: That sounds like a busy weekend.
Kunal: I don’t mind. In fact, (I/visit) the market this afternoon to buy some things. So, I must go now or ……….. (I/not/reach) the market before ……….. (the shops/close).
Aman: I hope (everything/go) well.
Kunal: I’m sure (it/be) a great evening, provided (everyone/arrive) on time.

Answers

Aman: Are you free to come to the science exhibition this weekend?
Kunal: I’d like to, but I’m afraid I’m not going to be free.
Aman: Why? What are you doing?
Kunal: Well, my uncle is visiting us from Mumbai. He has been working there for a long time and we’re going to have a family dinner for him.
Aman: Won’t he be tired after the journey?
Kunal: He probably will be, and no doubt he will want some rest. So, on Saturday he can take it easy. But on Sunday, all the relatives are coming to our house. We’re going to prepare a special dinner. I’m going to help my father with the arrangements.
Aman: That sounds like a busy weekend.
Kunal: I don’t mind. In fact, I’m visiting the market this afternoon to buy some things. So, I must go now or I won’t reach the market before the shops close.
Aman: I hope everything will go well.
Kunal: I’m sure it will be a great evening, provided everyone arrives on time.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment