Thursday 4 May 2023

ଓଡ଼ିଆ କବିତା "ଉଧାର" / TRANSLATED POEM "BORROWING"




BORROWING

OMG! So much have my borrowings gone up...!

All the same, it's my ardent wish to pay off all the debts
That I've incurred from the familiar persons,
To the best of my ability during my life time.

I'm yet to know the reasons, towards me
Why the unknown souls have unexpectedly extended their bounteous hands
When I'm inescapably engulfed by atrocious adversities......!

To be honest, my indebted Self is eager
To adorn the palanquin of my heart
With the benevolent creditors like Ananta Gopal
And move on swinging them on a grand pageantry
From the villages to the villages
From the river banks to the river banks
And from the gardens to the glades......!

There are some unpayable debts still 
Which I can't clear even in my lifetime,
At the same time, I'm, indeed, least interested in doing so,
For, I love them to be my benefactors
And myself a humble debtor forever
So that I can return to their holy feet time and again.

Holding my young and immature hands
They've ever taught me how to stand, toddle and walk,
And they've ever shown me the right path
That I've trodden to reach my destination today....!

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Sr. lecturer in English, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 04.05.2023

N.B. – The above poem is translated from an Odia poem “ଉଧାର" / "BORROWING” composed by Dr. Ramachandra Palai, Bharat Villa, Rudrapur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.

ବି. ଦ୍ର. :- ଯେଉଁ ଓଡ଼ିଆ କବି ମାନେ ସେମାନଙ୍କ ଓଡ଼ିଆ ରଚନା ର ଇଂଲିଶ ରୂପାନ୍ତର ଡ଼. ମିଶ୍ରଙ୍କ ଦ୍ୱାରା କରେଇବା ପାଇଁ ଇଛୁକ, ସେମାନେ ଏହି Whatsapp ନୁମ୍ବର ରେ ଯୋଗାଯୋଗ କରିପାରିବେ l (8249297412)

Please share this poem to your friends to enjoy reading it. Thank you. 🌹❤️❤️🙏

ଦୟାକରି ଏହି କବିତା ଟି ଆପଣଙ୍କ Whatsapp ଓ Facebook ସାଙ୍ଗ ମାନଙ୍କୁ share କରି ସେମାନଙ୍କୁ ମଧ୍ୟ ଏହାକୁ ପଢି ଉପଭୋଗ କରିବାକୁ ସୁଯୋଗ ଦିଅନ୍ତୁ l ଧନ୍ୟବାଦ 🙏❤️🌹🙏
Image credit: Dreamstime

No comments:

Post a Comment