Tuesday 9 May 2023

ଓଡ଼ିଆ କବିତା "ପ୍ରାର୍ଥନା "/ TRANSLATED ENGLISH POEM "PRAYER"




PRAYER

O God! I bow before you at dawn,
I pray to you to listen to my humble supplication.

To pay due respect to my parents, I do take a solemn oath,
Do strengthen and embolden me to ever speak the truth.

I'll show reverence to the Gurus and the  persons venerable,
By my deep love to children, I'll make my birth memorable.

Let me not trapped by pride, violence, sin and temptation,
Let me love all the creatures without any partiality or discrimination.

If ever I happen to come across the crippled and the wretched,
I must feel their misfortune and ache, and not let them go unfed.

Should I come upon the diseased and the suffering men,
I'll do my utmost to render my much needed service to allay their pain.

I'll generously hand out food,  medicines and clothes to the victims,
And lessen the plight of the affected in the floods, droughts and storms.

I'll banish from the country the superior and inferior complexity,
And live my life treating alike both adversity and prosperity.

I'll serve my Mother-like country, with full loyalty and integrity,
And deal with the enemies without hatred, bitterness and ferocity.

O God! You are surely behind every visible and invisible phenomenon,
Being blessed, let me ever proceed in my noble missions with perfection.

O God, the Almighty! I beg of you with nothing more but this,
Let me spend the rest of my life chanting Your Name in devotion and bliss.

Copyright: Dr. Shankar D Mishra, Sr. Lecturer in English, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India   09.05.2023
WhatsApp number: 8249297412
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
Email: devankarpublications@gmail.com
Website: https://devankarclasses.

N. B. This poem is translated from an Odia poem "ପ୍ରାର୍ଥନା"/"Prayer" written by Late Banshidhar Sethy, a retired Headmaster, Jajpur, Odisha, India

ବି. ଦ୍ର. :- ଯେଉଁ ଓଡ଼ିଆ କବି ମାନେ ସେମାନଙ୍କ ଓଡ଼ିଆ ରଚନା ର ଇଂଲିଶ ରୂପାନ୍ତର ଡ଼. ମିଶ୍ରଙ୍କ ଦ୍ୱାରା କରେଇବା ପାଇଁ ଇଛୁକ, ସେମାନେ ଏହି Whatsapp ନୁମ୍ବର ରେ ଯୋଗାଯୋଗ କରିପାରିବେ l (8249297412)

Please share this poem to your friends to enjoy reading it. Thank you. 🌹❤️❤️🙏

ଦୟାକରି ଏହି କବିତା ଟି ଆପଣଙ୍କ Whatsapp ଓ Facebook ସାଙ୍ଗ ମାନଙ୍କୁ share କରି ସେମାନଙ୍କୁ ମଧ୍ୟ ଏହାକୁ ପଢି ଉପଭୋଗ କରିବାକୁ ସୁଯୋଗ ଦିଅନ୍ତୁ l ଧନ୍ୟବାଦ 🙏❤️🌹🙏
Image credit: Publisher of the Odia anthology " ବିତର ଅହିଂସା ନୀତି " / "Bitara Ahimsa Niti"

No comments:

Post a Comment