Friday 9 June 2017

YES, I WILL LEARN THE ART TO FALSELY PLEASE YOU

YES, I WILL LEARN THE ART TO FALSELY PLEASE YOU

Of course, my dear and dazzling sweet heart
I will, by and by, for your joy, learn the rampant art,
Fancies  about your well-being I will unwillingly abandon
While smiling before you, I will undermine your concern.

In truth, O the very part of my hollow life, essential
I will gradually gain mastery in a process steady and gradual
To hide my nagging soreness due to your ignorant wounds
Under  the wraps of sham croons I will suppress my sad sounds.

Oh! Indeed, the adorned damsel on my gentle heart-throne
With the rolling of time I will be matured enough and grown
To belittle your trivial but indispensably busy world
I will little by little nod with you “ Pebble resembles emerald!”

Thou art, and wilt be the same as thou wert once upon a time
Albeit, I will learn the art to term “a blank verse a sweet rhyme!”


* dazzling - shining
* by and by - in a short time
* rampant – widespread/ wild
* fancies – thoughts/imaginations
* unwillingly – without will or interest
* abandon –give up
* undermine – weaken/neglect
* hollow – empty/unimportant
* nagging – irritating
* soreness – pain
* ignorant wounds -  wounds developed without your knowledge
* sham - artificial
* croons - songs
* suppress - hold back/hide
* sad sounds – Painful feelings
* adorned – decorated/ ornamented
* damsel – a beautiful lady
* belittle - put down/not pay emphasis on
* trivial – unimportant
* indispensably – necessarily/that which has been a necessary part of life
* little by little – gradually
* nod with you – agree with you
* pebble resembles emerald – ordinary roadside stone appears as costly bright green stone
* thou art, and wilt be – your are and will remain
* thou wert – you were
* albeit – although
* a blank verse a sweet rhyme – This sentence is an irony. A poem without any rhyme scheme can not be sung sweetly. Here, the poet is determined to do the impossible to please his beloved.

©Shankar D Mishra 09.06.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524
Please share this poem among your friends.TQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment