Friday 16 June 2017

O GOD, LET ALL WIVES BE AS GREAT AS SHE!

O GOD, LET ALL WIVES BE AS GREAT AS SHE!

Thank you my BH from my grateful heart’s bosom!
Sine the day you did in my life’s sterile stem blossom
The aura has been inexplicably beautiful and awesome,
O the catalystic Jasmine limber, heavenly and lissom!

Who could have rode a bashful cycle forgetting her scooty?
Who could have hugged acute insolvency quitting her booty?
Who could have been a sure cure for my all nagging ailment?
Who could have buttressed me ever like a selfless helmet?

Who could have sacrificed all her valuables for a paltry infidel?
Who could have been a more tolerant camel against my desert gale?
Who could have, all her sore woulds, voluntarily from me veiled?
Oh! How could have I, without her, in such ruffled water sailed?

Her unwavering reliance in me is indeed beyond expression
Misunderstanding never alights in her life’s content station!
In getting all my wishes fulfilled, she sucks Elysian exultation
I am owed to her for her devotion, dedication and contribution!

Hence, she is nestled in a special niche of my subtle heart
No, no one else can replace her, none can subdue her part.
I am more indebted to her in every respect than she is to me
O God, let all wives be as great as she is, my only Dream!

N.B: This poem is dedicated to my Mrs. as the 14th marriage Anniversary gift in advance. We had married on 7th July 2003.

*BH – best half
* bosom – the core of my heart
* sterile – barren/infertile/unproductive
* aura – a distinct atmosphere
* inexplicably – unfathomably
* awesome – amazing/ remarkable
* catalystic – that which acts as catalyst or helps to bring good luck
* limber – supple/soft
* lissom – supple/soft
* bashful – shy [She agreed to ride a cycle in a Metropolis even though she was riding a scooty before marriage, when she was a criminal lawyer in her home town Puri, Odisha, India]
* acute  - sharp/extreme
*insolvency  - fanancial crisis
* quitting her booty – leaving her financially comfrtable life before marriage
* nagging ailment – painful hardship
* buttressed – supported/propped
* paltry infidel – an unimportant disloyal person like me
* desert gale – adverse circumstances
* sore – painful
* voluntarily from me veiled - Willingly she never let me know her physial or mental pain lest I should be helplessly restless.
* ruffled water sailed – overcome the stormy path of my life
* unwavering reliance – firm/strong trust
* alights – comes to her mind
* content station – she is pleased with her married life
* exultation – delight
* is nestled in a special niche – occupies a special place in my life
* subtle heart - delicate heart
* subdue – suppress/overtake her in her duty


©Shankar D Mishra 16.06.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
Please save my WhatsApp no. 08270604524

Please share this poem among your friends via Whatsapp/Messenger etc. TQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment