Friday 2 June 2017

YES, I AM A PEDESTRIAN

YES, I AM A PEDESTRIAN


Yes, I am a mere a pauper pedestrian:
How can I afford thee a chariot cosy and Elysian?
How can I take thee for a ride in the alluring Lake Dal
How can I buy thee a warm, gorgeous Kashmir shawl?

Yes, I am a mere insolvent pedestrian:
How can I feed thee at the Star Hotel New Merrian?
How can I sculpt for thee as Shah Jahan, the Taj Mahal
How can I stitch for thee Mumtaj’s enthralling apparel?

Yes, I am a mere bankrupt pedestrian:
How can I purchase thee a coveted and lavish chain
How can I drown thee in the main of imposing glamour
How can I adorn thee in the realm of opulent splendour?

Nonetheless, I am thy Venetian Love, a rarest of the rare
None can love thy soul more deeply, more loyally and better?



* pedestrian –  a person who travels on foot
* pauper – a very poor person
* afford - pay for
* cosy – comfortable
* elysian – here, aristocratic, elite
* alluring – charming/attractive
* gorgeous - attractive
* insolvent - in debt/ ruined
* coveted - in demand/tempting
* lavish – plentiful
* imposing – impressive
* adorn – beautify
* realm – land/world
* opulent – rich
* splendour –grand and impressive beauty
* nonetheless – still
* Venetian Love – Bassanio, who belongs to Venice, an Italian capital city of Veneto region,the hero in the play The Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare


©Shankar D Mishra 02.06.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524
Please share this poem among your friends. Tx

1 comment: