Sunday 4 June 2017

YOUR LOVE

YOUR LOVE

Yes, your love infinitely makes my day
Days and nights, in my heart, it does sway,
It does dig out for me a sudden sweet bay
Oh! It does fetch me fast the joy Sun’s Ray!

Yes, your love feeds fully my hungry heart
Cleanses, like the supreme Purifier, all my dirt,
Ah! Turns mine dull, drab and dreary soul so smart
In nothingness of my life, it teems mirth abundant!

Yes, your love does dictate the Ages to pass like air
It does relieve my life of doldrums, anxiety and care,
In your presence my eventless life does become a fair.
Oh! How rapturous I am to coin a term for your flair!

Yes, your love will remain a steadfast source of survival
It will scintillate and inspire even long after my burial!

*infinitely – limitlessly
* makes my day – makes me happy
* sway - rule
* fetch – go and bring
* drab – plain/ordinary
* dreary – lifeless/boring
* teems – becomes full/abounds
* mirth - hapiness
* abundant - plentiful
* dictate - order
* doldrums – sadness/low spirit/dullness
* fair – market held periodically, often with entertainments
* rapturous – delighted/ joyful
* coin a term – invent a new word
* flair – natural ability, talent or aptitude
* steadfast - constant
* scintillate – sparkle, emit spark


©Shankar D Mishra 04.06.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
WhatsApp no. 08270604524

Please share this poem among your friends. Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment