Monday 12 June 2017

TO MY ERRING AND STRAYING SON

TO MY ERRING AND STRAYING SON

O my dear, avid and studious son
My blessings are ever with you to profoundly learn
To keep the unending process of learning on and on
Until the Mighty Time does your life’s last page turn!

O my dear, perseverant and perspiring son
My goodwills are ever with you to enormously earn
Boundless wealth, health and the lasting renown
To be adorned with an unfading and untarnished crown!

O my dear, diligent and devout son
My best wishes are ever for you to blow scruple’s horn
When your visions are blurred by perversion haze
When you mistake purgatory as the heavenly praise!

O my dear, conscientious and obliged son
Let not your parents be removed by your new possession
Let not your teachers be replaced by your feat-pronouns
Let not your unforgettable past be ever oblivious an ounce
Let not your ingratitude, to morally erodde you, upon you pounce
Or else, all your glittering “ups” will be construed as bleak “downs”!
Alas! None can help you when your Inner Voice repents and moans!


©Shankar D Mishra 12.06.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com
Please save my WhatsApp no. 08270604524

Please share this poem among your friends via Whatsapp/Messenger etc. TQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment