Saturday 3 June 2017

ALAS! THE ROAD TAKEN

ALAS! THE ROAD TAKEN

Once in a green wood I for some time stood
After I trod as far as I could:
For, there two roads got diverged all of a sudden
I pondered deep to choose the right one!

Then, did whisper to me my subtle Conscience
“Do walk on the road having more grass as the lawns.”
I left the one that looked less tempting, and dry
And budged to hug the other at the first try!

How sweet and satisfying the start seemed!
Words fall short of to praise, I really deemed.
I walked and walked as if I were in a wonder land
Until I was faced with a lurked desert’s hot sand!

Soon, I was caught unaware painfully the half way
For no reason, I had to sob stealthily and bray,
The road I had taken, I felt, was in a haste and wrong;
“Appearances may be deceptive, I will croon a song.”

The road thus taken made in me all the difference
I will advise none now to pursue ever mine hence.
“The beginning always determines not a glad, secure end
The end always decides, lost you what and what you gained.”

This is altogether a new and fresh message to share and send
“The beginning always determines not a glad and secure end
The end always decides, lost you what and what you gained.”
Alas! The road, I had taken, pained me, strained and saddened!


* diverged – separated
* pondered – thought deeply
* conscience – inner voice/ that which helps to see good and bad
* tempting – attractive
* subtle – delicate
* budged – moved to decide
* deemed – considered
* lurked – hidden from notice
* stealthily – quietly
* bray – sound made by an ass
* deceptive – misleading
* croon - sing
* pursue – follow
*
N.B: The above poem is inspired by the world famous poem “THE ROAD NOT TAKEN”, written by the American poet, Robert Frost.


©Dr. Shankar D Mishra 03.06.2017
E-mail: shankardmishrapoet@mail.com
Blog: sdmpoetry.blogspot.com

WhatsApp no. 08270604524

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant manner a truth exposed! 💟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Sir for your regular reading of my poems and commenting.

      Delete