Tuesday 15 January 2019

LET'S WAIT, O MY BELOVED!

LET'S WAIT, O MY BELOVED!

O my beloved! Let's have a patient wait for the Tomorrow,
For your unyielding heart to rue and lament with sorrow,
For your turning down of my Today's True and Genuine LOVE,
For which you will, out of remorse, break down and, convulsively sob!

O my beloved! Let's for the Tomorrow have a patient wait,
For your heart to feel why in an unwise and unwelcome haste,
You were caught with a pretentious and disloyal Lover's bait;
And for which you will be in an irreversibly sad and miserable state!

Let's wait for the Tomorrow, O my Love!
When your heart can't hear the symphony of my unalloyed Love,
Will pant, pine and solicit deliriously for my sincere Love's Mercy,
And will pray earnestly for being forever my beautiful beloved Lucy!

O my beloved! Let's wait for the Tomorrow to approach soon,
When your world may seem dark without my Love's Full Moon,
When I will hear you sing, with avidity, my Love's glory, and croon,
And when my Love will prove for you, O my beloved, the greatest Boon!

N.B. This poem is based on the Hindi Film Song "Mere Mehboob Qayamat Hogi".

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra  15.01.19




No comments:

Post a Comment