Saturday 5 January 2019

Grammar Direct and indirect speech: Applied English Grammar

Direct and indirect speech NOVA PUBLICATION

1.


 1. She said to me that I had made a great mistake in my statement.
2. He said to me that he could easily beat me in the match.
 3. The lady said that she had not been able to finish her work that evening.
4. I said to him that I did not think that he was not working hard.
He replied that I was quite mistaken, and added that he was working very hard.
[2/4, 8:07 AM] S5. I said that I would finish my work as quickly as I could.
[2/4, 8:08 AM] Shankar Mishra: 5. I said that I should finish my work as quickly as I could.
[2/4, 8:10 AM] Shankar Mishra: 6. The poet said that sweet are the uses of adversity.
[2/4, 8:13 AM] Shankar Mishra: 7. Amit said, "I have acted wisely in what I did."
[2/4, 8:15 AM] Shankar Mishra: 7. Amit said that he had acted wisely in what he had done.
[2/4, 8:17 AM] Shankar Mishra: 8. He said to me that he had often told me not to play with fire.
[2/4, 8:20 AM] Shankar Mishra: 9. She said that it was time they had thought of settling that issue.
[2/4, 8:23 AM] Shankar Mishra: 10. He said, "That is my horse, and if you want to borrow it, ask my father."
[2/4, 8:25 AM] Shankar Mishra: Ans. He said that that was his horse, and asked me to ask his father if I wanted to borrow that.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.


No comments:

Post a Comment