Friday 11 January 2019

AN ENCHANTING VOICE

AN ENCHANTING VOICE

Oh! A Voice, perchance, I happened to hear:
Even the tone of the Nightingale was below par,
In its sweetness, richness and exuberance!
It would stir even the deaf to rejoice and dance!

Oh! The grace, elegance and charms of the pleasing Voice,
Filled my rapt and restive heart with an infinite ebullience;
An over dose of euphoria injected in me a celestial sensation,
And I was brimmed with rapturous buoyancy and animation!

Were the Koel, the King of melody, to hear the Voice,
He would feel his own spellbinding  tone base and cheerless!
He would heap on It bouquets of appreciation and credit,
And he would wholeheartedly praise, clap and plaudit!

The Voice seemed as if to surpass the song of the Solitary Reaper,
And left in my life, an indelible impression, unforgettably deeper!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 11.01.19

No comments:

Post a Comment