Tuesday 8 January 2019

YES, WHAT I AM TODAY IS BECAUSE OF YOU ONLY!

YES, WHAT I AM TODAY IS BECAUSE OF YOU ONLY!

Of course, the ball of my life, O my sweetest Swetangini,
Dribbles faster than that of Dhyanchand's stick Hockey;
For, you have made me richer than even the richest Ambani,
Even Ranveer Singh and Virat Kohli are not, as I am, so lucky!

Yes, I've been a new Pele in my Football of life only because of you,
For whom I am enumerated now the No. One amongst the rarest few;
For whom I have surpassed in abundance the total riches of Sweden,
Who have certainly proved herself as worthy as an Angel Elysian!

Alas! Words are, inexplicably, in acute shortfall,
To  praise your dignity, and adore you, the be all and my life's end all;
For, because of you alone, I stand today garlanded in the Fame of Hall,
And due to you only, my scope of eminence has soared higher than the Twin Towers tall!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 08.01.19
To read my poems, pls visit my blog: sdmpoetry. blogspot. com



No comments:

Post a Comment