Tuesday 22 January 2019

HAD MY LOVE BEEN REAL AND SUBSTANTIAL!

HAD MY LOVE NOT BEEN REAL AND SUBSTANTIAL!

Had my love been superficial or shallow,
With a honeyed tongue and a heart hollow;
Limited to a mere formality of artificial " Hi" or "Hello",
I would not mind seeing you being wooed like a public pillow!

Had I been too blind, like a bat, before you,
Too unable to behold you being courted by another in my lieu;
Or, had I been, like a drone, unfaithful and a disloyal 'Lovers' Tribe,'
I would never have to fret, or erupt my anger to burn my Love alive!

Oh! Had I been a piece of insentient and insensitive stone,
Or, had I been Aeneas, who had loved Dido, and left her heartbroken,
I would never have collapsed like a pillar, ravaged by a storm of disloyalty,
And groaned like Caesar, when Brutus' Sword stained the term 'Fidelity'!

Yes, had my Love for you, like Troilus' for Cressida, not been real and substantial,
I would not have to die every day, due to your insincerity, before my burial!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 22.01.19





No comments:

Post a Comment