Friday 4 January 2019

TO THY SWEET BEAUTY


 TO THY SWEET BEAUTY

Oh! Thy sweet Beauty's irresistible scents,
Can catch even the Eyes of the austerest Saints;
It can drag even the attention of the blind,
As butter succumbs to fire, It melts even the most unkind!

Lo! To praise thy charming, calming and embalming Beauty,
Do come to life even the enthused insentient pebbles and stones;
The bees buzz, the crickets whistle, and other musicians are on duty,
While the nightingales and the cuckoos sing with their sweetest tones!

O my Love! Should I be accorded a little room in thy spacious, precious heart,
O my bewitching, enchanting and enrapturing Beauty Queen!
Let alone this mundane, mortal and  morbid world,
I can even, the pass to journey the heaven, in an instant, win!

Yes, all the votaries, like me, must gape at thy matchless Beauty forever,
And wish to be embellished by the touch of
thy enviable Beauty's Treasure!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 04.01.19
To read my posts, pls visit my blog: sdmpoetry. blogspot. com

No comments:

Post a Comment