Thursday 10 January 2019

HOW CAN I FORGET THEE, O MY SWEETHEART?

HOW CAN I FORGET THEE, O MY SWEETHEART?

Oh! When I do profusely and exhaustingly sweat,
Only from thy soothing vicinity a cool and fresh breeze I get!
When heavy rains drench me, and thoroughly wet,
Thy sacrificing Love, like a firm, concrete roof, doth me protect!

When I am exposed to the biting cold,
The whole of my being starts to shake and shiver;
A tight, warm and unforgettable hug of thine,
Relieves me of its intensity, offering a life saving cover!

When reeling under the grinding poverty,
I do get enfeebled and emaciated day in and day out;
The nourishing and reviving subsistence of thy love,
Doth invigorate and rejuvenate me without a little doubt!

Thus, how can I forget thee, O my Sweet heart,
For, thou hast been, of my life, an integral and inseparable part!

Copyright: Shankar D Mishra 10.01.19
To read my posts, pls visit my blog: sdmpoetry. blogspot. com

No comments:

Post a Comment